#1 andyboy!!

andyboy!!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:48 PM

Hi guys

I've put my door locking mechanism back on today. I think I've done it correctly but I can't seem to get the key out when the door is locked. The key doesn't seem to turn all the way. I'm not sure the interior locking part is moving enough either way also if that makes sense.

Any ideas? It's a 1995, the door isn't currently on the car. I haven't put the other lock on yet but when I lock this one, the key wont come out either?

Thanks
Andy.

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

The exterior lock  interrupts the release button on the door handle. I wouldn't expect the interior mechanism to interfere with it in a way that would stop you removing the key as you're starting in a resting position to get they key in and once you've released any stress that's flexing the the operating rods it should return to rest.

You should be able to test the main function in stopping the button press with the handle removed. Also try tripping the door latch to simulate the door being shut on the car.

The operating rods do flex more without a door card to restrain them, so you may find you have to assist them in operating the interior controls.

#3 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

Apologies if this comes across as teaching granny to suck eggs, but just to be sure.....

You are turning the key back to the upright position before trying to remove it?

#4 andyboy!!

andyboy!!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, I've just been ut to the car to try a few things and it's actually working!!! The last thing I did Sunday was to cover everything in WD40. Must have done the trick. Thanks again.

I'm actually missing a small part of the lock from the other door. It's a small black metal retaining clip. Does anyone know if these are available to buy? I'm not sure what to search for and can't find one online. I'll try and attach a picture. It's the black part top middle Under the silver lever.

Attached File  image.png   211.13K   2 downloads

#5 andyboy!!

andyboy!!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

bump

Does anyone know if I can buy the part circled below (drivers side)?  It's missing from my door lock.

Attached File  post-2622-0-98215400-1552422174.png   265.48K   1 downloads

Thanks

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users