yes https://www.titan.uk...es-and-b-series

#18 Earwax

Earwax

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

thank you nick.   i have an older set  of Titans, and they are well made, i think they use a larger diameter shaft- but not sure and they use some weird metric combo thread on the adjusters - so i ordered a couple of replacement adjusters from minispares, and will find a correct tap to clean up one that has a fretted thread ( after about 5 years of race use ) -   Alas - as with lots of parts - these still required some shims to assist the alignment ( not problematic but i just wish they sold some in a kit with it.)- when you spend good money but then have to wait another week to make some shims or order some it feels a bit like getting a shiny new ball joint with no shims - just poor form. Having said all that i also have a non roller version of the Keith Dodd rockers and they do a good job too-

FOR me - Best design   MED LDW type , best made probably the TITans, best bang for buck  The Minispares non roller 1.5 --  but i haven't seen the calver 1.4 ratio ones - which should be an excellent fit in a fast road typr build

#19 neal

neal

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

Over sized ball adjuster screw threads too.

I have the MED rockers, nice quality compared to some, I also have the ARP 11 stud kit as well.

#20 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

50 years ago, I used to use Triumph Spitfire rockers.

I got a better rocker ratio, and they are offset, which meant that I could offset bore and tube the pushrod holes and then open the inlet ports right out until they broke into the pushrod holes, which I smoothed out with epoxy.

I see that these days they make Triumph Spitfire roller rockers.

Something different.

Any idea of the ratio ?

I've heard of people also using rockers from one of the Toyota Corolla models too. I think they are 1.43:1 Ratio.

I should think that it is about 1.5.

When I realised that it was an improvement on a Mini, all that concerned me was that the valve springs didn't become coil bound, so I never measured the ratio.

I have an old Herald rocker shaft somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll try to get an accurate figure.

I know that I ferreted around in several Longbridge scrap bins to find a fourth un machined pedestal, so that I could get the geometry correct.

#21 stevegrabba

stevegrabba

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

Just a quick note about the MED roller rockers, some of them use a 4.5mm allen key for adjustment.  Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you have one in your toolbox because it's not always in a typical allen key set.

#22 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

It could be a 3/16” allen key - I think MED do try to stay true to the imperial threads & sizes where they can.

#23 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, its imperial

#24 Retroman

Retroman

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Local Club: CDMC

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

I have found the Titan K nuts can destroy the threads on the 3/8th adjusters....replaced the adjusters and with alloy nuts no issues.

Keith Calvers 1.4's non rollers are a really good choice, look similar to the old S rockers too

ZJBzMfP.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users