20 replies to this topic

#16 tb205gti

tb205gti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

Spare cups were included with my recently purchased Hi-Lo’s ... it’s worth considering buying new knuckle joints as well though if you’re replacing the rubbers and fitting Hi-Lo’s, they’re only a few £ each.

Yes, but since I do not live in the UK - postage is a bit steep to me. (And with the Brexit coming up getting parts gets much harder, but that is a different story..)

#17 tb205gti

tb205gti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

Alright.. Did the rear today.. Knuckle joints were in good shape. :) Nylon buckets were shot when I finally got them out - so glad the HiLo came with new ones. :)
But how /&%#% do you get enough room to adjust them when they are fitted. I sorta managed to adjust the left rear - but the right rear.. There is either a wheel or a battery box in the way...

Next step is to find the time to do the ones in the front. Considering removing the complete frame with engine and all. I have a 1275 that i'm _nearly_ finished building. (Got the cambelt, oilpump, waterpump, new clutch bearing, lightened flywheel and a new clutch. Just need to put it together and rebuild the last HS4 for it.

#18 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

You want the weight of the car to help you remove the drive shaft and hub (You shouldn't need to but the extra room can come in helpful) youll need the radiator out to get the top arm on that corner

#19 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

But how /&%#% do you get enough room to adjust them when they are fitted. I sorta managed to adjust the left rear - but the right rear.. There is either a wheel or a battery box in the way...

You jack the car up and take the wheels off.  Don't adjust them with the weight of the car on them.

#20 tb205gti

tb205gti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

You jack the car up and take the wheels off.  Don't adjust them with the weight of the car on them.

Yes - but it is still a PITA to get access to the right one.. perhaps because I have lowered shocks on it.. so the wheel will not drop enough to give me access

#21 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

So take the wheel off as suggested ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users