#91 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,794 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:27 AM

I doubt the BBC will like the bad news publicity that will arise if they do send their Captia licence 'goons' around to knock on the door of an 89 year old with dementia, so I suspect they will just send her their 'scary' threating letters every few months.

Switched Off: Save free TV for older people:-

https://www.ageuk.or...r-older-people/

Edited by mab01uk, 27 September 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#92 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:24 PM

Useful information in this video on how to deal with TV Licensing 'threatening' letters if you don't need or want a TV Licence:-

#93 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:47 PM

Im hoping the whole Diana thing will be the nail in the coffin for the beeb. Doubt it but hopeful.

#94 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,031 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:32 PM

I can imagine the conversation by a person without a licence answering the door to one of tthe Capita Goons who insists that a licence must be bought.

"You mean you want me to buy a licence to support the organisation which tricked Princess Diana into the notorious interview, which hounded Cliff Richard and ended up paying hundreds of thousands of pounds of licence payers money in damages, which shielded Jimmy Savile whan everyone knew that he was a paedophile (yes, they did all know), which hounded Lord McAlpine, which re-employed Bashir, knowing his background, which pays presenters ludicrous sums of money to talk about 'ball-kicking', which has stated that it no longer makes programmes for the over-50's, etc, etc. Now clear off".

It does seem unlikely that people without licences will receive any more than a threatening letter. If they went as far as prosecuting and OAP it would make for a great story for the Daily Mail & Express.

#95 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,794 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 02:27 PM

Gary Lineker is still the BBC 's highest earning on-air 'talent' taking home between £1,360,000 and £1,364,999.

Meanwhile the BBC will end its licence fee grace period for over-75s on 31 July......

https://www.dailymai...36-million.html

Edited by mab01uk, 06 July 2021 - 02:28 PM.

#96 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

Had the first "threatening" letter today on behalf of my 90 YO Mum (I get all her mail redirected to me) To pay or not to pay, that is the question. I really don't want their goons calling her or worse, turning up at her door.

#97 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:01 AM

Had the first "threatening" letter today on behalf of my 90 YO Mum (I get all her mail redirected to me) To pay or not to pay, that is the question. I really don't want their goons calling her or worse, turning up at her door.

If she's not watching live broadcast TV or using Iplayer then it's obvious. Don't pay.

Paying out of fear is exactly what capita and the BBC want you to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users