Photo

Is There A How-To For Fitting A Aftermarket Steering Wheel On A Mpi?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

I want to re-fit my Nardi steering wheel back into Pootle now I've completed the MPI transplant. I've got a boss off eBay for a MGF, complete with a ring with 2 tabs on it. I've removed the steering wheel and the clock spring unravelled (not sure if that's what its supposed to do or if its bust), but as to how I reattach it all I'm not getting (and sadly the seller didn't supply any instructions).

#2 ukcooper

ukcooper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

this is what notes u have

tools - t27 for airbag bolts

19mm socket steering wheel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wire disconnects from air bag it self

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cover and airbag is one part. It is secured to the steering wheel by two torx screws from the rear. These need to be undone and then the airbag module can be removed and unplugged.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As above, remove the ignition key, disconnect the battery ( both terminals ) and leave for at least 10 minutes for the SRS backup system to discharge

----------------------------------------------------------------------

rotary coupler / squib part number YRC100300 same as mgf ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the bag has been fired in the past and the srs ecu hasn't been replaced, the light will stay on. Also if any pretensioner or the airbag is duff it will come on.

#3 ukcooper

ukcooper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

whoops did not see the aftermarket bit,

check with ya insurance company first as it might make ya insurance invalid with airbag removed or messed about with... soz not much use is me lately….

#4 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

Insurance isn’t an issue for me as it’s originally an 85 city so wasn’t fitted with one

Looking at clock springs on eBay, it seems mine is broken anyway

#5 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

I want to re-fit my Nardi steering wheel back into Pootle now I've completed the MPI transplant. I've got a boss off eBay for a MGF, complete with a ring with 2 tabs on it. I've removed the steering wheel and the clock spring unravelled (not sure if that's what its supposed to do or if its bust), but as to how I reattach it all I'm not getting (and sadly the seller didn't supply any instructions).

I've got a step by step document in pdf format, can't remember how to attach it here though

pm me your email address and I'll send it across

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

You can pm up to 2mb attachments via the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users