#16 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

But they can still go any speed you want. They are not limited. It is more of a auto cruise control. Press the loud pedal and it will go faster.

#17 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

You may be able to "go any speed you want", but I expect they will build in a "Limp mode" after ten infringements, and don't forget that it will all be recorded and downloaded at your MOT, so to compensate for the lost speed camera cash, you will have to pay a penalty to get the built in mobilizer unlocked before you can leave the testing station.  ........................   and that'll just be the start of it !

#18 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

I'll stick with a pre-2022 car. The idea of a computer controlled car determining how a driver responds to 'situations' is not acceptable to a great many drivers. Ever heard of 'computer error'?

#19 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

As a courier I would approve of a limiter for travelling through London etc (you could then concentrate on idiot drivers and pedestrians rather than having to constantly watch speed) - and as I think been mentioned it's the first step towards the inevitable fully autonomous cars. The problem would be if you couldn't accelerate through it if necessary - overtaking, if you've got an ambulance on a shout up your jacksy with nowhere to pass etc. As we all know it's not speed that causes accidents generally, it's bad driving. Last week one of my elderly neighbours managed to reverse his (brand new that day Yeti) into his next door bungalow, then accelerate forwards back into the front of his own bungalow via a section of garden wall.   

#20 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:50 AM

Ever heard of 'computer error'?

https://www.washingt...m=.9111712110e1

#21 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

As a courier I would approve of a limiter for travelling through London

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

etc (you could then concentrate on idiot drivers and pedestrians rather than having to constantly watch speed) - and as I think been mentioned it's the first step towards the inevitable fully autonomous cars. The problem would be if you couldn't accelerate through it if necessary - overtaking, if you've got an ambulance on a shout up your jacksy with nowhere to pass etc. As we all know it's not speed that causes accidents generally, it's bad driving. Last week one of my elderly neighbours managed to reverse his (brand new that day Yeti) into his next door bungalow, then accelerate forwards back into the front of his own bungalow via a section of garden wall.   

I live a lot further away from London than Dorset, so perhaps the news hasn't reached us yet, but the last I heard, journey times in our capital were faster when the speed limiter was the horse.

#22 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

Can't reintroduce horses - too much methane!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users