#1 C-Bash

C-Bash

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Hey guys,
I’m looking to find out roughly how much my 1999 Rover Mini Cooper would be worth. It’s currently insured for market value but I’m now getting worried they wouldn’t pay out it’s true worth in the case of an accident or if it was stolen. Agreed value insurance is twice as much per year.
The Mini is a Jap import so it has Aircon and is fitted with an aftermarket alarm and immobiliser. It also has a stainless steel exhaust, apart from this it’s pretty much standard and it very very good condition inside and out.

So how much do you guys reckon it’s worth?

Attached Files

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

I'd aim for an agree insurance value of 10k. The worrying thing is since it was imported in 2015 it has only really been used for one year between 2017 and 18... I'm also assuming it's a manual, can't be 100% sure from the pictures.

#3 C-Bash

C-Bash

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:19 PM

Yes it’s manual and your correct with the import in 2015.
I was thinking aggreed value of 10k but let’s say I wasn’t to insure it with agreed value, what do you think an insurance company would value it at?

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

By glasses guide, probably 800.

I have mine with an agreed value of 25000.

Edited by Steve220, 28 March 2019 - 04:01 PM.

#5 C-Bash

C-Bash

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

Haha wow okay, recommendations for aggreed value insurance for a 25 year old who has only been in the UK for 6 months. Just got my licence changed over to a UK on this week. Never had an accident but I can’t transfer my no claims over to this country :/

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:51 AM

You will need to insure it under a classic car policy, which many don't have no claims bonuses on anyway... You may have to have a limit mileage policy and the agreed valuation is usually a flat rate additional cost to your premium...

Google "Classic car insurance"

#7 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,897 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

Try Peter James Insurance, they have been very good for me so far including laid up insurance.

You will need some good quality pictures not blurry or from a mile away. Pictures of the interior, under the bonnet, side, front and rear shots. I have kept a detailed account of how much I have spent on Paddy during his resto and will use this to back up my future reappraisal of the cars value.

Before restoration I had an agreed valuation of £3500 which included the accident damage to the rear of the car ( now completely repaired) also in my case I have a good photographic record of all of the work carried out to further enhance the valuation.

#8 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Many mini clubs will give you a valuation that is accepted by classic car insurance companies. They do charge for this (around £15-£30 if you're a member). I think that the BMC will even do a valuation for a non-club member (for a slightly higher charge).

Had mine valued by BMC and was instantly accepted by my insurer...then think it was around an additional £15 flat fee on my classic car, limited milage policy to add the agreed value. Definitely worth it for peace of mind just in case the worst happens.

#9 C-Bash

C-Bash

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

Thanks guys, I’m managed to talk Adrian Flux down a few hundred pound to a more reasonable rate with agreed value ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users