15 replies to this topic

#16 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Thank you everyone for all your replies, however one thing i'm not happy about is the ride height with hydro, it was mentioned that with a hydro

setup you can adjust the ride height but on my mini the back end sits up and the front end down,so my question is how do i get the car to sit level

on the road??

Thanks Andy

If the ride height really bugs you there's always the old fashion method of lowering; remove the 'trumpet' tubes and shorten them. There's a formula for calculating the amount to shorten to result in lower height. Not sure if it's 1 to 5 for the rears. Remove 5mm to drop by 25mm or something like that. Used to do it the opposite to raise ride height back in the 60's. We added body washers to the balljoint pin. Mind you don't bottom out though.

The reason the rear is high is that the helper springs are probably weak by now, they pull the back down and the nose up (as Moke Spider Said).

Shortening the tubes won't help in this instance.

Regarding dampers, people used to fit the brackets to the front and then fit dampers to improve the handling, personally I've had a couple of hydrolastic minis and they are much nicer to drive than dry ones.  The suspension only went back to dry due to cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users