Photo
- - - - -

Lcb Bracket

Best Answer rww , 10 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

The picture shown is the same design of 'bracket' you will get with a Maniflow Lcb. From my experience they are well worth fitting as they steady the complete manifold and it helps to prevent engine movement from fracturing the large Y shaped manifold for cylinders 1 & 4.

However, in the picture, the bracket should have been fitted on the other side of the manifold downpipe so that it is more in line with the diff cover. It can also be shaped to achieve this by bending into more of a Z shape to. On my race engine I do not use the original diff output cover bolt as a fixing because in the course of a season they are removed frequently which could result in thread failure in the gear case. I have fitted a stud into the gearbox and this works fine.

Whilst it doesn't look particularly well engineered, in practice it works well, it is easy to remove and install and as far as I am concerned is an essential part of the exhaust system. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:38 PM

The picture shown is the same design of 'bracket' you will get with a Maniflow Lcb. From my experience they are well worth fitting as they steady the complete manifold and it helps to prevent engine movement from fracturing the large Y shaped manifold for cylinders 1 & 4.

However, in the picture, the bracket should have been fitted on the other side of the manifold downpipe so that it is more in line with the diff cover. It can also be shaped to achieve this by bending into more of a Z shape to. On my race engine I do not use the original diff output cover bolt as a fixing because in the course of a season they are removed frequently which could result in thread failure in the gear case. I have fitted a stud into the gearbox and this works fine.

Whilst it doesn't look particularly well engineered, in practice it works well, it is easy to remove and install and as far as I am concerned is an essential part of the exhaust system. 

See what you mean, it will be corrected. Will need to file the hole in the bracket square to suit the shank of the bolt.

#17 rww

rww

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:35 AM

'Will need to file the hole in the bracket square to suit the shank of the bolt.'

Correct and IIRC is how the Maniflow bracket/steady is supplied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users