#1 bikewiz

bikewiz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Local Club: NEMO

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:12 AM

Because everyone asks what car it is: '92 1293 A+ HIF44 w/MED stub stack and filter LCB RC40 DTM 65d dizzy standard lift rockers. (with another crapped out mechanical pump 2nd in 5 yrs )

Question 1. It appears from other posts in regards to fuel pressure the standard Facet (MS #SS501 2.5-3 psi output) is more than adequate for this engine without the need for a fuel regulator, however it's unclear whether a inline filter before the carb is necessary, there's a filter between the tank and the pump, is another necessary? Piggy backing on that part of the question, if a filter is installed does it reduce pressure necessitating a higher pressure Facet (MS#SS502 4-5.5 psi)?

Question 2. Are the rubber mounts necessary? MS states it's to reduce the ticking noise in the cabin does it really?

Question 3. Reading through Facet's tech and instructions they give some recommendations in regards to position but does it really matter where it's located? As long as it's pushing the fuel and below the tank the orientation shouldn't matter correct? Cooperman states he mounts his within the subframe below the seat bottom which is a good place in regards to the alignment of the hoses on my car.

Could one of the more knowledgeable members do a sticky post with all fuel pump FAQ's, I read through oh maybe 20 posts with varying degrees of success trying to find the answers to all of these questions in one place and I've just added to them.

Thanks in advance from the Colonies......

#2 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

Im running a 125+ bhp 1380 on a weber and my pump is defo good enough for the job. Mines rubber mounted just by the tank on the back seat on a slight angle as it saves it shaking itself to bits. They are pretty loud so I think if solid mounted it wouldnt be a good idea. I've got a small inline filter just before the weber to make sure its always got good fuel running through it. 

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

Q1: no. no.

Q2: yes. yes.

Q3: yes. it does.

so to sum up. what facet say on thier instructions is actually correct.

#4 gazza82

gazza82

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:09 AM

Discussing pumps at our car club meeting last night and a couple of people have fitted Facets and moan about the noise .. they don't seem to quieten down when the float chamber is full either.

#5 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Facet pumps are always noisy. Run mechanical pumps as they'll always stop pumping if the engine dies

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users