#1 thomas2407

thomas2407

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

Just thought Id say hello as the new owner of a Mini Equinox. This is the second time ive been a member of the forum, the first about 8 years ago when I had a few Minis.
The story goes, when i left to uni I could afford to keep my mini running and with trips between uni and home, it became an unviable option. Since then, my life has taken a few paths through uni, work, marriage, house buying and a number of different cars, incl. 2 Bini's (r50 One and R56 Cooper S), BMW X1, 1 Series, A3, 2x Golf GTI and finally an Merc A45. A few have come close to the fun i had in a Mini (not the A45 surprisingly) but none have actually achieved it.

I sold the A45 and got an new A3 and a Mini Equinox. The Equinox needs work as its MOT ran out in 2015 but needs patching in a few locations. My plan is to get it on the road and do it as a rolling restoration.

I love the Mini culture and I am so glad to be part of it again. Just trying to build up my knowledge base again.

Be sure to shoot me any questions.

Thanks, Thomas

Attached Files

#2 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

Welcome.  Looks good.  You may want some arch extensions.  Many things are faster but nothing feels like driving a Mini.

#3 thomas2407

thomas2407

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:26 PM

Thanks. I removed the Group 4 arches before i took this picture. I'll be putting them back one once i complete the welding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users