1 reply to this topic

#1 Sovereign01

Sovereign01

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

In the process of putting my mini back together after some lengthy work (been off the road a while) and checking the switches I found that the indicators started flashing irregularly- sometimes slow, sometimes fast. I cannot be sure where the problem lies, because I'd been forced to get a new indicator switch when I found that the garage which had replaced it once before had done a shoddy job of extending a couple of wires to the plug (one of which was for the indicators). The other part of the equation is that the indicator flasher relay which hangs by its wires is getting really warm when switched on but have no idea if that's the problem.

Because it's new, is it that the switch came faulty or is it just that the relay unit needs replacing? Or is there some other potential problem? The work I did on the car necessitated taking out the instrument panel as part of removing much of the interior stuff up front, though I had to settle for loosening it since I wasn't able to undo the speedometer cable.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:57 PM   Best Answer

Change the relay, then clean the earth connections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users