#1 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

I've been completely rebuilding my 95 Mayfair over the last 2 years. Anyhow, I'm as far now as fitting new radiator. I didn't have a new top hose so only fitted the bottom hose. I removed the black coloured bung which was fitted by whoever reconditioned the radiator leaving the one still fitted to the top outlet.
Anyways. To cut a long story short, I fitted a temporary top hose prior to ordering a replacement with the intention of running the engine up to temperature with the temp hose, then fit the new one when it arrived. I ordered the hose from Minimine in the morning so it arrived the following morning before I got around to starting the engine. I proceeded to remove the temporary hose and found that I had forgotten to take the top outlet bung off the rad effectively blocking it completely. I can laugh about it now but it doesn't bear thinking of what might have happened. There would have been some cursing and swearing and head scratching trying to figure out why the car was boiling its guts out. Close one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users