#16 Fastorq

Fastorq

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

Why not save money and build a 1330 yourself

Hi Peter, Not sure about the saving money angle?
Minispares shortblocks seem to get a good reputation for quality and at the price they charge it looks hard to beat.
If I factor in the cost of shipping / machining, time taken to organise , time taken to build , cash I could get back selling gearbox, carb/manifold and other stuff it would almost cover cost of spare RSP engine I would use as the exchange.

Cheers

#17 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

I just like to build my own engines partly because I can take as long as I wish and work to my own standards and, secondly, because I do love building engines.

The Mini Spares short engines will be good value for money and I guess if I lives as far from civilisation as you do ( ;D ) I might wish to buy a built-up unit.

#18 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Why not save money and build a 1330 yourself

Hi Peter, Not sure about the saving money angle?
Minispares shortblocks seem to get a good reputation for quality and at the price they charge it looks hard to beat.
If I factor in the cost of shipping / machining, time taken to organise , time taken to build , cash I could get back selling gearbox, carb/manifold and other stuff it would almost cover cost of spare RSP engine I would use as the exchange.

Cheers
They are built by Bill Richards racing and come with one of their stickers so that is two businesses that will be standing buy the product.

Yes they are well put together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users