21 replies to this topic

#1 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:36 PM

Im still trying to fit new set of wiring looms for my early 96 1275 SPI.

I have most of it in place but could do with a little help on a few areas.

First - fitted to the drivers side inner wing are 3 relays and a black inline fuse. The inline fuse and one relay appear to be a separate circuit to the main loom. Mr Haynes says this is for rear fog lights but i cant figure out how the wire coming from this circuit would connect to the rear fogs ? I could see it being front spots but not rear fogs? Attached to this wire are 2 plastic connector with blue and yellow and a black wire to each.

Second - next to the fuse box (24pin) there is a brown wire and a white wire not connecting to anything.
Does this brow wire connect to the brown connection on the circuit described above ? But what is the white connection for ? Ill try to sort photos

Anyone know what this is for ? Thanks Jon

Edited by Sprok, 15 April 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#2 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:03 PM

The separate loom is for front fog lamps  and is feed from the brown spade connector..

The white spade connector is for an optional sunroof.

#3 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:50 AM

GENIUS !!

Thanks so much !!

#4 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

The separate loom is for front fog lamps and is feed from the brown spade connector..
The white spade connector is for an optional sunroof.

Any idea what the blue wire with whiter tracer is for on the same section? One end goes to a relay the other has a bullet connector ? Dont know what it connects to?

#5 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

That would be for the spot lights that come on with the main beam. Goes in with the main beam bullets.

#6 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Viz

Thanks a million !!
One more thing if you dont mind?

I bought the rear loom from mini spares and they have fitted bullet connectors to all of the wires requiring connection with the front loom. Autosparks who made my front loom have fitted the large black plug style connector to theres so i cant connect as it is.
I do have my old rear loom connector which is in great shape BUT do you know how to take it apart so i can fit my new rear loom wires ? It has a plastic insert which looks like it needs to come out the hopefully i can use a terminal extractor tool?

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

#7 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

Dont suppose anyone knows about this connector at all

#8 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:13 AM

You can buy the multi tools on eBay for removing connectors from electrical connector blocks.

If you’re looking to get a matching or replacement connector block Wired by Wilson are awesome, and reasonably priced too!

#9 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:04 AM

Thanks ive got terminal tools but this thing has a yellow insert which prevents access to the wires. Its thati need to understand how to seperate

Ive jusf fitted the loom and seriously dont fancy removing it again to send away. Someone must know how these plugs come apart ? I HOPE. Lol

#10 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

We're gonna need a picture.

I've taken a few automotive connectors apart in the past, but I don't know what this one looks like.

#11 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

I can't understand why Minispares would supply a loom with the wrong plug, are you sure it is the right one ? Does it have the connections for the fuel pump? 

Haven't got a plug to hand but usually they can be dismantled with a fine screw driver. Post a photo and double  check the loom.

#12 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

Minispares supplied the rear loom with bullet connectors not the plug ! I couldnt understand it either
Its the right loom ive checked every wire

#13 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

So heres a photo hopefully ?! How fo i take the yellow insert out and change the wires ??

attachicon.gif 925EA6F2-3A1B-47A7-8F91-FEC9A4E334C1.jpegattachicon.gif 239C9596-55FE-464C-9E30-8B1701D2D36D.jpeg

So heres a photo hopefully ?!Attached File  239C9596-55FE-464C-9E30-8B1701D2D36D.jpeg   114.22K   7 downloads

Edited by Sprok, 21 April 2019 - 08:33 PM.

#14 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

A pic of the back would be good too.

However, I suspect that if you poke a paper clip or something in the little round holes adjacent to the pins; it will release the barb on the pin, and you'll be able to withdraw them.

#15 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

I have terminal extractor tool if i can get to the backs of the connectors. Ill try poking into those tiny holes tomorrow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users