98 replies to this topic

#16 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

My morris minor should be exempt as it's 62 years old but the website lists it as needing to pay,I'll just avoid ever going near london to be honest.

#17 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Quote from Mk1 forum:-

"The Mini would not qualify with the figures given on the Emmissions finder site. 0.08 grams is 80 milligrams, the figure given on that site is 225 milligrams, or 0.225 grams."

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=5&t=25173

Edited by mab01uk, 26 April 2019 - 11:46 AM.

#18 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

I had seen that mab01uk. It'll be a while before mines exempt (a 1990) and quite very possibly the goal posts will have changed by then. Will be looking for a boring modern (ULEZ compliant) car, but just don't know of any classy modern cars (i'd even contemplate an estate) that doesn't have an 'idiot screen' display fixed to the dash, but that has something about it than being just modern and dull. Any suggestions welcomed!

Until then think I'll be sticking to cycling Mon-Fri and getting the car out of the smoke on sunny/dry weekends.

My 15 year old BMW 325ci is allowed in, and is in my opinion a bit of a sweet spot in the development of the 3 series, with just enough electronic gizmos to help with emmisions/stability control/climate control/safety etc but not over the top nanny state cars like the newer ones. The un-turbocharged straight 6 is one of the best automotive sounds around too I reckon. It depends whether you like BMWs I suppose!

I'm lucky that I live just outside the North Circular road so I can avoid the ULEZ even when it expands in a couple of years, until it expands again anyway!

CP, would that be of E47 type?

#19 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

That'd be an E46 Facelift. My pre facelift 328 is not exempt.

#20 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

My morris minor should be exempt as it's 62 years old but the website lists it as needing to pay,I'll just avoid ever going near london to be honest.

My 1972 MK3 is listed as 'Historic' on its taxation class, but the ULEZ pathetic website still claims I need to pay it? - however a diesel motorhome made in 2001 and imported to the UK in 2016 says it's compliant, this is because it covers registration date not production date - what a waste of time.

So, go and get yourself the cheapest, rattiest old polluting car made in Europe, register it in the UK and you are fine - or export your car for a month or so, apply to register it again and you'll be compliant?

#21 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

Daft isn't it, I'm sure there's a way we can apply to correct it but it won't affect me until similar schemes appear in Birmingham and Manchester etc.

#22 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:28 AM

Cheers Wiggy. That was a typo on my 'phone...actually meant E46 ?

#23 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:58 AM

I checked my 1967 Mini and it said it also said that I needed to pay, but then when I went to the page to register for exemption, it says "they already know it is exempt" and no need to register, typical crappy website.

#24 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

Cheers Wiggy. That was a typo on my 'phone...actually meant E46

Good cars, aren't they. I did the rear subframe bushes on mine. Swine of a job, but transformed the car. No more clonking!

#25 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

225 is NOx +THC. NOx only emissions should be much lower. Anyone had any luck getting a Conformity Certificate from BMW Mini?

"The Mini would not qualify with the figures given on the Emmissions finder site. 0.08 grams is 80 milligrams, the figure given on that site is 225 milligrams, or 0.225 grams."

#26 cp2708

cp2708

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

I had seen that mab01uk. It'll be a while before mines exempt (a 1990) and quite very possibly the goal posts will have changed by then. Will be looking for a boring modern (ULEZ compliant) car, but just don't know of any classy modern cars (i'd even contemplate an estate) that doesn't have an 'idiot screen' display fixed to the dash, but that has something about it than being just modern and dull. Any suggestions welcomed!

Until then think I'll be sticking to cycling Mon-Fri and getting the car out of the smoke on sunny/dry weekends.

My 15 year old BMW 325ci is allowed in, and is in my opinion a bit of a sweet spot in the development of the 3 series, with just enough electronic gizmos to help with emmisions/stability control/climate control/safety etc but not over the top nanny state cars like the newer ones. The un-turbocharged straight 6 is one of the best automotive sounds around too I reckon. It depends whether you like BMWs I suppose!

I'm lucky that I live just outside the North Circular road so I can avoid the ULEZ even when it expands in a couple of years, until it expands again anyway!

CP, would that be of E47 type?

It’s an E46 325i with the M54 engine in, as mentioned above the 328 is the older M52 engine, the equivalent to mine was the 323i

#27 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,937 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:57 PM

Given how small the Mini's motor is, it's no surprise that the emissions levels are below Euro 4 levels. I heard back from the TFL who directed me as follows. As you can imagine, my V5C doesn't have NOx emission values on it, which means I have to source Rover Mini's Conformity Certificate. 

Anyone have any leads? Once obtained, should be an easy way for some owners to save alot of £ via an exemption. 

[/size]Petrol Vehicles must be Euro 4 or have NOx emissions equal to, or less than, 0.08 grams per kilometre (As proven above, the Mini is lower than this threshold and therefore exempt).[/size]

If you can provide us with a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5C) that contains the Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value and Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel), we can confirm the compliance status of your vehicle. Please check that the NOx and if applicable the PM value is recorded on the V5c, usually these are detailed in sections V.3 and V.5 respectively.[/size]

If these values are not recorded on the V5c you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle's Conformity Certificate which you can obtain from the vehicle manufacturer. Alternatively you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department. They will need to provide you with a letter signed by a named individual from the homologation department which contains the following information[/size]
- vehicle registration mark (VRM)
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to - Fuel Type
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value
and
- Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel)[/size]

COC good luck they are quite new and the Mini never had one.

BUT there may be some papers you can use from Europe as the MPis etc are Euro 4 compliant.

#28 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:29 AM

Have you seen this website?

https://www.certific...nformity.co.uk/

Looks like you can get the CoC for any car from here but it’ll cost £90 if you want the MINI one, or £150 if you want a Rover one.... just don’t look at the Rolls Royce price ?

225 is NOx +THC. NOx only emissions should be much lower. Anyone had any luck getting a Conformity Certificate from BMW Mini?

Edited by jamesmpi, 30 April 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#29 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:01 AM

jamesmpi,

looks like that could be very useful for anyone with a 1995 - 2000 manufactured mini.

well found ?

#30 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,937 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:15 AM

jamesmpi,

looks like that could be very useful for anyone with a 1995 - 2000 manufactured mini.

well found

but no as there were no Coc available for cars of the years you mention. I think you will find the First CoC was not issued before 2000 for passenger vehicles and 2009 for commercials.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users