#31 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

jamesmpi,

looks like that could be very useful for anyone with a 1995 - 2000 manufactured mini.

well found

but no as there were no Coc available for cars of the years you mention. I think you will find the First CoC was not issued before 2000 for passenger vehicles and 2009 for commercials.
Thought they would as that link to the cocs web site says they can supply the cert for vehicles from 1995 in the FAQ section. Maybe a mis-read on my part.

Edited by cooperd70, 30 April 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#32 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

That'd be an E46 Facelift. My pre facelift 328 is not exempt.

Cheers Wiggy. That was a typo on my 'phone...actually meant E46

Good cars, aren't they. I did the rear subframe bushes on mine. Swine of a job, but transformed the car. No more clonking!

Don't currently own one Wiggy...looking for a ULEZ compliant car that has some character that doesn't have an idiot screen sat on the dash...it looks to be hard to find something decent...had to rule the BINI out as I just don't like the huge circular dials all over the dash, it looks like it was designed for a child to use.

#33 some1158

some1158

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

That'd be an E46 Facelift. My pre facelift 328 is not exempt.

Cheers Wiggy. That was a typo on my 'phone...actually meant E46

Good cars, aren't they. I did the rear subframe bushes on mine. Swine of a job, but transformed the car. No more clonking!

Don't currently own one Wiggy...looking for a ULEZ compliant car that has some character that doesn't have an idiot screen sat on the dash...it looks to be hard to find something decent...had to rule the BINI out as I just don't like the huge circular dials all over the dash, it looks like it was designed for a child to use.

Panda 100HP?

#34 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,944 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

jamesmpi,

looks like that could be very useful for anyone with a 1995 - 2000 manufactured mini.

well found

but no as there were no Coc available for cars of the years you mention. I think you will find the First CoC was not issued before 2000 for passenger vehicles and 2009 for commercials.
Thought they would as that link to the cocs web site says they can supply the cert for vehicles from 1995 in the FAQ section. Maybe a mis-read on my part.

well as i am fairly sure there is no E* number on a Mini V5 or VIN plate they will not be able to help.

#35 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:52 AM

Has anyone got an update on this? I have a Rover Mini 1999 MPI 1.3 I drive it daily into Lewisham and want to continue to do this for as long as I can. Definitely looking to avoid a £12.50 daily charge in 2 years time

#36 haskhan22

haskhan22

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Hi,

I am a new member looking to purchase a late cooper sport, however i live inside the south circular so will be in the zone in April 2020...if nobody can fail to find a solution i dont think i can own one of these iconic cars!

#37 haskhan22

haskhan22

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

Bump, has anyone managed to make any progress here am keen to find out as it will probably decide if i will enter the fabulous world of being a mini owner or not!

#38 haskhan22

haskhan22

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:24 AM

I am keen to pick this up, has anyone made anymore progress?

#39 haskhan22

haskhan22

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:20 PM

Has anyone got an update on this? I have a Rover Mini 1999 MPI 1.3 I drive it daily into Lewisham and want to continue to do this for as long as I can. Definitely looking to avoid a £12.50 daily charge in 2 years time

Yeah i am also very keen to know if anyone has got any further!

#40 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:02 AM

Has anyone had the opportunity to look into this further? Can anyone give me an idea where to start?

#41 cp2708

cp2708

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

Good luck, the environmentalists are winning hands down. Internal combustion engine dead in 10 years at the latest. Mr Kahn is trumpeting it as massive success. Swedish girl with politicians falling at her feet. Forget any reverse from now. 

forgive my scepticism. 

Edited by cp2708, 25 October 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#42 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Skepticism forgiven. But please, Londoners have enough to last a lifetime. I don't believe we will progress unless we take small but solid steps together on this issue. If a certificate has been ruled out, we will need to petition TFL in written form.

Edited by Screwdriver, 26 October 2019 - 08:42 PM.

#43 HIrantha

HIrantha

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Car Club

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

I recently wrote to the ULEZ office to ask why Classic Minis were charged. Their response will likely be that the Mini wasn't Euro 4 compliant. How could it be? The Mini didn't live to see Euro 4 standards implemented.

Upon further review, EURO 4 has the following requirements for Petrol vehicles:

CO - 1.0 g/km

THC- 0.1 g/km

NOx - 0.08 g/km

When you compare this to the emissions data published, it would appear that injection Minis (at minimum) meet these:

http://www.emissions...ini-cooper-13cc

Wanted to check in with other Mini owners if there is appetite to challenge the TFL on this and seek an exemption for the classic Mini?

Yes, of course ..... a huge appetite, I will support you.

#44 HIrantha

HIrantha

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Car Club

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

I recently wrote to the ULEZ office to ask why Classic Minis were charged. Their response will likely be that the Mini wasn't Euro 4 compliant. How could it be? The Mini didn't live to see Euro 4 standards implemented.

Upon further review, EURO 4 has the following requirements for Petrol vehicles:

CO - 1.0 g/km

THC- 0.1 g/km

NOx - 0.08 g/km

When you compare this to the emissions data published, it would appear that injection Minis (at minimum) meet these:

http://www.emissions...ini-cooper-13cc

Wanted to check in with other Mini owners if there is appetite to challenge the TFL on this and seek an exemption for the classic Mini?

Yes, of course ..... a huge appetite, I will support you.

The link only provides Minis of 2000 and 2001. Are we to assume that pre-2000 Minis are not considered?

ULEZ Euro 6 requirement is NOx - 0.068g/km

Looks like the numbers are changing with each new Euro standard.

Edited by HIrantha, 11 November 2019 - 10:50 PM.

#45 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

Exemptions are clearly possible from TFL. See this thread

https://www.ukgser.c...and-get-it-free

I'm in the process of trying to procure an official Rover document to supply to TFL that says that pre-BMW acquisition cars are exempt from ULEZ due to low NOx emissions (< 0.08 g/km). It's a long shot but worth the effort. 

If anyone has access to NOx emissions data on any pre-97 car, please PM me.

Edited by Screwdriver, 12 November 2019 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users