98 replies to this topic

#46 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

@screwdriver, I'm curious who have you approached for this document?

#47 haskhan22

haskhan22

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

The lack of support to london mini owners from fellow forum members is appalling...

@screwdriver let me know if i can be of any more help!

The lack of foresight from other members is also really worrying as everyone should be aware that similar schemes are pretty much guaranteed to be rolled out to the other big cities in the UK to meet tight carbon limits so sooner or later it will be a fight that will land on your doorstep...

If being a mini owner matters to you, then i would support and take action now otherwise don't ask for help later! Just my 2 pence...

Edited by haskhan22, 26 November 2019 - 05:20 PM.

#48 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

@haskhan22 I wouldn't say it was appalling, I would hazard a guess that this issue only effects a small percentage of Mini owners on TMF, as most possibly have 40+ year old cars and/or don't live in London, so they have no interest. Perhaps someone should conduct a pole?

and @screwdriver, as per my post above who are contacting?

Edited by beardylondon, 26 November 2019 - 08:06 PM.

#49 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

Well I'm in no man's land with my car as it's a 1990 998. So too new to be exempt, but too old and naturally aspirated and therefore doesn't stand a chance in gaining any certification to meet/pass ULEZ standards. So no chance for me it seems!

#50 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

It seems that you get get an independent CoC for your car from here  https://www.dvlaadvi...f_emissions.htm

Might be worth an email to them for advice to those that are interested.

#51 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:19 AM

Furyan,

Will getting an independent cert from this site allow me to drive my 1990 Mini in central London (ULEZ compliant)? I've found this testimonial on the site which sounds like getting a ICOE rather than a ICOC will do it!

DC.

31 March 2019

Hello David

Thanks for your help,the document you sent has been accepted by TFL.

In case I have to proof again or to sell the bike would you please send the document by mail.

MANY THANKS AGAIN

GN
(ICOE certification of vehicle emisssions for UK ULEZ [London])

#52 some1158

some1158

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

The ICOE route looks interesting. 

The only other way round all this would be for the 'historic' class to be reduced to 25 years as the blanket ULEZ exemption comes with 'historic' status. However, I doubt there's much chance of such an exemption. Although I don't live in London I know this is coming elsewhere...and my Mini is only 31 years old.

#53 mattiejf

mattiejf

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

Glad to see some more activity on this thread. More than happy to help out where I can.

ICOE looks potentially promising. So it would need to meet Euro4 (Petrol Car)

Euro 4 emissions standards (petrol)
CO: 1.0g/km
THC: 0.10g/km
NOx: 0.08g/km

Do we think standard mini's would meet this? I took a look through my past MOTs, none test NOx, attached shows CO numbers but (if im reading that correctly) its above the Euro4 requirements.

QLr0zoe.jpg

Edited by mattiejf, 28 November 2019 - 11:44 PM.

#54 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:57 AM

Furyan,

Will getting an independent cert from this site allow me to drive my 1990 Mini in central London (ULEZ compliant)? I've found this testimonial on the site which sounds like getting a ICOE rather than a ICOC will do it!

DC.

31 March 2019

Hello David

Thanks for your help,the document you sent has been accepted by TFL.

In case I have to proof again or to sell the bike would you please send the document by mail.

MANY THANKS AGAIN

GN
(ICOE certification of vehicle emisssions for UK ULEZ [London])

I have no idea, I had previously heard of this company so Googled them to post on here just to try and help fellow members with the ULEZ problem

I live in the sticks so these LEZ;s wont affect me just yet.

I think the best idea would be to email them direct and ask them, that way you will know for sure one way or another instead of much chin rubbing and wondering :unsure:

#55 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

I was covering all bases and have already emailed them...no response as yet, but will post again once I've heard from them ?

#56 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

Update:

So, I've received a reply back from them after asking could they supply a CoE for my car.

They can and in the correct format to pass to TfL, but it doesn't mean that TfL will allow the car to drive around the city without a charge. It will be up to TfL to allow/deny.

So it boils down to wether I want to chance £130/140 on obtaining an independent CoE.

#57 mattiejf

mattiejf

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:25 PM

Update:

So, I've received a reply back from them after asking could they supply a CoE for my car.

They can and in the correct format to pass to TfL, but it doesn't mean that TfL will allow the car to drive around the city without a charge. It will be up to TfL to allow/deny.

So it boils down to wether I want to chance £130/140 on obtaining an independent CoE.

So it depends on what I said above right? Whether we think they are under the euro 4 Nox/co2 limits. The certificate only states the values 'officially'.

#58 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:45 PM

Why don't you email TFL and ask them, they must of had other Classic mini owners ask the same question?

Maybe stick in a Freedom of information request, to see if they have granted exemption of any classic minis, younger than 40 years, thus far?

Update:

Edited by beardylondon, 05 December 2019 - 11:14 PM.

#59 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:41 AM

Mattiejf

Will check my MOT's over the wkend...think that mine don't show either, but worth a check.

Beardylondon

Will fire off an email to TfL and let's see what we get back from them ?

#60 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:01 AM

NOx isn't stated on my MOTs either. Have filed a FOI with TfL. It states that I will get a reply in 20 working days. Will update this thread once I hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users