#1 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

This is the place for all your L2B related guff.
Convoy plans, gossip, pictures, anything and everything.

#2 SuperDeLuxeNick

SuperDeLuxeNick

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Anyone wanting to convoy from the south? Southampton / Basingstoke / Winchester / New Forest / Bournemouth area?

#3 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

This will be my first L2B, looking forward to it, I will be coming from South East London. Is there anything I need to be aware of or anything recommended?

#4 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

This will be my first L2B, looking forward to it, I will be coming from South East London. Is there anything I need to be aware of or anything recommended?

Are you camping Sat night, or heading straight to palace Sunday morning?

#5 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:58 PM

going to palace in the morning

Edited by S.Willson, 14 May 2019 - 05:58 PM.

#6 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

In that case don’t bother entering Crystal Palace, park in the lower car park and walk up the stairs to collect your run pack.
If you enter the park on Sunday morning you will be at the back of the que and will not get to Brighton until late afternoon.
You can still look around all the cars and the show and shine vehicles who leave the park first.

https://m.facebook.c...ader&view=group
Good source for news along with the official website below
https://www.london-to-brighton.co.uk/

#7 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:39 PM

In that case don’t bother entering Crystal Palace, park in the lower car park and walk up the stairs to collect your run pack.
If you enter the park on Sunday morning you will be at the back of the que and will not get to Brighton until late afternoon.
You can still look around all the cars and the show and shine vehicles who leave the park first.

Fair enough, do you where abouts the lower car park is? Do you know what the running order is? Not sure what time to get there and leave for Brighton. How does it work when you get down to Brighton?

#8 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

Fair enough, do you where abouts the lower car park is? Do you know what the running order is? Not sure what time to get there and leave for Brighton. How does it work when you get down to Brighton?

The entrance to Madiera drive wont open til 1030 iirc, I usually stop off at pease pottage for a quick trip to the loo and then head off into Brighton.

Once you get there you'll be lining up along the sea front until it opens, then once it opens? you'll head down and be directed where to park.

Show and shine enter from the other side (where the ferris wheel used to be)

When you hit CP you'll see where everyone is parking, just follow them and you will find it mate.

#9 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

There are a few ways of taking part or viewing the Mini's each end of the run that I recommend if you want to avoid some of the hassle......

I no longer take part in the run due to traffic etc, but often view the Mini's parked up and then setting off from Crystal Palace park early on the Sunday morning as it is only 20 minutes drive from home for me and there is little traffic at 7am. There is a large free public car park in Crystal Palace park near the athletics stadium (the old race paddock & where the Italian Job "blow the bloody doors off" scene was filmed) which is a 2 minute walk from the official line up of Mini's on the run. I can then leave anytime at my leisure (or walk around the old race circuit) and use other roads to get home that don't involve the traffic!

If you want to take part in the Mini run and show at Brighton and park your Mini on Madeira Drive then you need to go to Crystal Palace first to collect your run pack but instead of entering the official 'start area' and getting hemmed in somewhere in the starting queue with 2000+ other Mini's.....proceed past that entrance to the CP free public car (as above) or park in surrounding roads, then walk to the run pack collection point before it closes. Many official and unofficial runners now do this so they can leave for Brighton at their leisure, set off early and beat most of the traffic in the area made worse by LSMOC releasing batches of Mini's into the general Sunday morning traffic outside from 8am to about 10am.
You can also drive straight to Brighton by any route from your home address but you will only need the B part of your A-B ticket for the Madeira Drive parking.....run packs can also be collected at the LSMOC stand in Brighton later in day.

If you just want to view the show at Brighton on Madeira Drive then you don't need a ticket (or a Mini).....just drive down to Brighton (preferably approached by avoiding the congested town centre) and there is free parking (used to be for 4 hours but check as may have changed?) in the multi storey car park for the Brighton Marina (not advised for a valuable classic Mini but fine for modern cars) and you can then walk to Madeira Drive (about 5 minutes walk). The 2000+ Mini's are parked right up to the Marina end of Madeira Drive but the concours cars, traders and show attractions are a fairly long walk through the Mini's along behind the seafront/beaches to the other end of Madeira Drive.
There is also a fairly frequent historic Volks electric tourist train in both directions if you prefer not to walk!
http://volkselectricrailway.co.uk/

Brighton Marina (was free 4 hours parking but check as may have changed?)
http://www.brightonm...ina/120-parking

Some Mini's usually come over from mainland Europe combining it with a few days break to visit London or the Brighton area for the 'experience'.

Edited by mab01uk, 14 May 2019 - 09:44 PM.

#10 S.Willson

S.Willson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

Perfect, thank you all for your advice! I am likely going to park in the car park around 7am look around, collect the pack head off around 9ish and probably go into Madeira drive (free parking in Brighton!!) have a look around and leave when ready. Does anyone know whether there will be stalls selling accessories/parts? I am looking for a pair of HILO's preferably the ones seen on minispares (https://www.minispar...assic/HILO.aspx) and Subframe tower improvement kit (https://www.minispar.../C-STR640A.aspx).

#11 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

There are usually quite a few trade stands selling parts, etc along the seafront side of Madeira Drive.

Take a look at the Google maps satelite images of Crystal Palace park if you want to work out your access to the public car park and the steps up to the 'Terraces' area where the several queues of 2000 Minis are lined up from early in the morning and run packs are handed out.

Edited by mab01uk, 15 May 2019 - 11:41 AM.

#12 dangerousdowning

dangerousdowning

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Whats the prices like on the trade stands? any discounts?

#13 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:24 AM

Never been under so much pressure to get the car ready for L2B need to change a swivel hub and drive shaft. Put the engine back in and get it running properly

#14 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:46 AM

Whats the prices like on the trade stands? any discounts?

They are usually really good.  Lots of discounts on bigger items likes seats and wheels.  So many vendors selling things they tend to compete with each other.  There are tons of used parts too so you can haggle.  Pretty sure you could build a complete car from scratch if you really wanted to.

i am really looking forward to this, especially since the weather has changed to be nicer.  I didn't get tickets so i am just going to head down from guildford when i wake up so i can find a parking spot.  I may bring the old mini but i missed out on some purchases last year because i couldnt fit everything in so i may bring the new mini or maybe a van.  Never know what you will find.

#15 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

Never been under so much pressure to get the car ready for L2B need to change a swivel hub and drive shaft. Put the engine back in and get it running properly

Tick, Tock..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users