Photo
- - - - -

Pre Verto Clutch Won’T Disengage

Best Answer Ben_Cunnington , 23 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

Sorry chaps for my lack of knowledge on individual names of parts but in the picture above. The part in the top right hand corner was the offending item. I basically had the arm located incorrectly into this part hence lack of throw on the plunger.
Silly mistake but one I’ve certainly learnt from!! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Sorry chaps for my lack of knowledge on individual names of parts but in the picture above. The part in the top right hand corner was the offending item. I basically had the arm located incorrectly into this part hence lack of throw on the plunger.
Silly mistake but one I’ve certainly learnt from!!

Ben, many thanks for sharing your experience here. I'm sure in the future, it will help others.

A close friend once said to me 'There are no mistakes, just learning experiences'. While at times, these 'learning experiences' can be frustrating, if you stick at them and beat them, there is volumes more to be learnt from that than just opening a box and having it play jingle bells.

#62 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Great thread

#63 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

So simple when you know what way its supposed to go, not so obvious when you don't! Hows the engine and box now you've got it working?

#64 Ben_Cunnington

Ben_Cunnington

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:01 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah it’s running sweet as a nut!! The straight cut drop gears sound incredible as you can all imagine. I was going to put a radio in the car but I really don’t see the point after hearing the sound it makes. Maybe ear plugs on a long run?! ? looking forward to bedding the engine in and see what it’s running on the rolling road ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users