72 replies to this topic

#1 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

The IJ Mini went for its MOT last Monday for the first time in 8 years. It failed on a couple of minor issues. Returning home I ordered the bits necessary from MiniSpares and paid extra for 24 hour delivery. Considering I had placed the order by 1:00pm, I was expecting that the parts would be with me by lunchtime the following day. That would give me a day or so to refit everything and get it retested on the Friday. Well here we are, middle of the afternoon on the Friday and I'm still waiting for the parts.

Emails from Minispares indicated that it wasn't despatched from them until the Tuesday. The tracking number for DHL gave an error and when I contacted them on the Wednesday, they could find no details of a delivery to my address. Phoning MiniSpares to find out what was happening and all they did was to say that the parts would be despatched that day and gave a new tracking number - except it was the same number that I had already been supplied with. They also promised to refund the express carriage charge.

According to the tracking record the parcel was not collected from MiniSpares until yesterday and delivery is expected today "by end of day". Checking my bank account there has, so far, been no refund; nor has there been an apology either verbal or written.

First time I have had a problem with a supplier of the stature of MiniSpares and right now I'm not happy. As for DHL, although they have got my parcel to my locality within 24 hours, it will be more like 36-40 by the time I actually receive it.

#2 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Hi Pete

I have sent you a PM

Thanks

Simon

#3 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

I've heard a lot of rumours from other parts of the community that the Minispares website has serious issues at the moment and is causing significant problems with order fulfilment.

Simon - could you comment? I'd like to put some of the rumours to bed if at all possible.

Edited by Icey, 10 May 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#4 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

There was an IT meltdown at Minispares:-

"It has caused them huge problems, but rest assured they are working very hard to get things up & running again."

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=5&t=25309

Edited by mab01uk, 10 May 2019 - 09:54 PM.

#5 KMP

KMP

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

I also had a problem about 6weeks ago whereby the online order also hadn’t even been processed, waited 4 days for parts, rang up and there had been a problem with the system, so had to wait for the following week to be able to receive them. Very stressful getting parts the day before mot.

Thanks
Kris

Edited by KMP, 10 May 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#6 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Its now 9pm and still no sign of the delivery. Whatever happened at MiniSpares this service from DHL "Express" is absolutely appaling. Also just found out that the contact centre is only open 9-5:30 Mon-Fri, so can't even speak to someone to find out why my parcel hasn;t been delivered when they said they would.

#7 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

I had a similar issue, waited 10 days after placing an order before they even replied to an email to say the had issues. Lost a customer in that time. Cancelled my order, ordered from another supplier and received my order in 4 days. Not bad, I live 11,400miles away in NZ.
I’ve not given up on them, they have been awesome in the past.

#8 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

I’ve placed 2 orders during this last few weeks, both arrived within 2-3 working days, but no email order confirmation or dhl emails to update me on the order progress or delivery schedule. The orders just arrived! IT issues are always going to be difficult, hopefully back on track now.

All I would say is p&p is expensive and when spending £3-400 on parts that fit inside a crisp box size parcel almost £10 for express postage is expensive. The express service only applies to the delivery once the order is picked and packaged up, I understand there’s no express service applied to the processing of the order.

Personally, I’ve used minispares, Oldbury, since 1994/5, and more recently the mail order service since John Erra left the Oldbury franchise last year. The quality of their products, the product range and their continued support to us mini owners via developing new products and identifying solutions to quality issues etc is exemplary.

Our forum discount is fantastic and really helps out with keeping our costs down as I’m sure we’ve all had a parcel signed for by our partners/wives/husbands etc and not indicated to them the full cost of the 9 items inside the box, for to do that would be silly!

#9 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

..... All I would say is p&p is expensive and when spending £3-400 on parts that fit inside a crisp box size parcel almost £10 for express postage is expensive. The express service only applies to the delivery once the order is picked and packaged up, I understand there’s no express service applied to the processing of the order.......

I did understand what the express service was for Leyland73, and because I wanted the parts urgently I was prepared to pay for that supposedly rapid method of getting these parts into my "hot and sweaties". Maybe I was being naive in assuming that an online order placed at lunchtime would be picked, packaged and collected by the courier company before the end of that working day. A lot of other companies I order from accomplish that sort of service, so I assumed it would be a general standard.

It is now nearly 9am on Staurday morning. The parts did not arrive yesterday. I contacted DHL to be told that the "arrival scan" that happened yesterday morrning at 5:30am was for the truck, not my specific parcel. Right now they have no idea where my parcel is and the despatch centre doesn't open until 9:00am.

Right now I am considering all my options, including whether to drive to Potters Bar to collect a new lot of parts in person, as getting this work carried out is time critical and ideally needs finishing before Sunday evening.

Edited by Sussex_pete, 11 May 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#10 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

had the same issue. 1 express order that took 2 weeks to arrive but it wasnt stressful so i didnt care, didnt complain, now i placed an order on sunday but havnt gotten a confirmation/dispatch email yet. AFAIK, theyre having some issues/backlog of orders. Not much you can do. Im loyal to them as the quality was always good. Never had an issue... Just stick through it

#11 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

From the Minispares delivery policy: 

"NOTE: Delivery times shown are from date of despatch and are working days. Typically a standard order will be dispatched in 2-3 working days."

It's very annoying as a lot of companies will dispatch the same or next day.

I often get orders after six days for standard delivery but occasionally they've arrived much faster.  I think it depends how may orders they have in. 

Their shipping charges are high though for small orders.

#12 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

Rather than go kangaroo court on minispares, have people been in touch with Simon about specific issues?

#13 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

Rather than go kangaroo court on minispares, have people been in touch with Simon about specific issues?

He has been in contact with me directly, although I haven't received a 2nd response from him so far. Icey requested a comment from Simon early in this thread, again with no update so far.

#14 apcherry

apcherry

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

No idea who it was that I contacted but I'd been waiting for a week or so for an order but given the reported problems with the IT I thought it sensible to avoid email and just speak to them on the phone. An excellent response from whoever I spoke to, apologised for the problems. He found my order quickly, added a couple of other things I'd spotted and added to my basket. Double checked everything I'd ordered and posted it out promptly, turned up yesterday so just in time to fiddle with this weekend.

So that would be my advice don't rely on email or electronic communication - just give them a ring.

#15 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

So that would be my advice don't rely on email or electronic communication - just give them a ring.

I've always found they're better on the phone anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users