72 replies to this topic

#16 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

Rather than go kangaroo court on minispares, have people been in touch with Simon about specific issues?

..............So that would be my advice don't rely on email or electronic communication - just give them a ring.

Thats what I did on Tuesday. Whoever I spoke to just said that he would speak with the warehouse to find out what had happened, reluctantly agreed to refund the carriage cost - which so far hasn't been done - and then later phoned back to give me a "new" - albeit the original - tracking number. A totally different experience to the one you had apcherry.

#17 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

I would always message simon on here before starting a thread, Simon has always been very approachable and helpful with everything.

#18 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

Humm this is interesting. I ordered a part on 14th April and have heard nor received anything.

I have contact them today via the website to find out that is going on

@Simon - please can you look into this? Order number is 1164877

#19 landsurveyor

landsurveyor

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: Jurassic Coast Mini Club

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

I have ordered two different packages from them recently (one large (expensive!!) order and one small) and the dispatch time and postage has been excellent.
No complaints from me!

#20 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

The issue is that something’s going wrong. They used to be prompt with emails and delivery but the past few weeks has been a nightmare and they’re being let down by poor communication. They were good in the past, let’s hope they can get it together again.

#21 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

The issue is that something’s going wrong. They used to be prompt with emails and delivery but the past few weeks has been a nightmare and they’re being let down by poor communication. They were good in the past, let’s hope they can get it together again.

The issue that has gone wrong at Minispares is an IT computer problem......they are working hard to resolve it.

There was an IT meltdown at Minispares:-

"It has caused them huge problems, but rest assured they are working very hard to get things up & running again."

More details in link below:-

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=5&t=25309

Edited by mab01uk, 11 May 2019 - 07:26 PM.

#22 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

I would always message simon on here before starting a thread, Simon has always been very approachable and helpful with everything.

That is fine if:

a) you know of Simon as a forum member and that he has a relationship with MiniSpares and

b) When you are in contact with him, the conversation proceeds to a conclusion rather than a single exchange of details and then nothing.

#23 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

A mixed report to describe. Had a phone call from DHL this morning confirming that they had been unable to locate the parcel so far and would update me within 48 hours with the outcome of another search. This was followed later by a call from Simon at MiniSpares who was very good and agreed that he would send a redelivery using ParcelForce for arrival tomorrow. Five minutes ago, a DHL delivery driver arrived with my package! Frantic call to Simon to retrieve his redelivery and now I can get on with fixing the new bits on the Mini. DHL, though, is a totally different matter!

#24 Rust.Monkey

Rust.Monkey

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

A mixed report to describe. Had a phone call from DHL this morning confirming that they had been unable to locate the parcel so far and would update me within 48 hours with the outcome of another search. This was followed later by a call from Simon at MiniSpares who was very good and agreed that he would send a redelivery using ParcelForce for arrival tomorrow. Five minutes ago, a DHL delivery driver arrived with my package! Frantic call to Simon to retrieve his redelivery and now I can get on with fixing the new bits on the Mini. DHL, though, is a totally different matter!

Ahh Good old DHL .... Drop it ... Hide it ... Lose it...

#25 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Ahh Good old DHL .... Drop it ... Hide it ... Lose it...

Ive had dhl fake a signature and leave my packet infront of the house before...
Also had them not deliver because "there was no one home, the driver rang the door multiple times" yet I was home all day waiting :)

good old dhl

#26 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

I'm amazed you got to speak to anyone at DHL Pete. My Minispares parcel got caught up in the IT meltdown, Simon sorted it, but it ended up in DHLs local depot. Could I speak to anyone about holding it there for pick up being as there was no option on their site? No. Ended up missing another weekend of spanner time while they sorted a re-delivery for the week after. That wasn't a Minispares issue, that got resolved quickly by Simon, it's DHL's typical we don;t want to speak to anyone in person approach.

#27 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Also had them not deliver because "there was no one home, the driver rang the door multiple times" yet I was home all day waiting :)

good old dhl

It's normally Hermes who does that to me.

#28 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

I placed an order with Minisport Australia last Thursday morning. 

It arrived here an hour ago! 

Four days including the weekend from Australia, just sayin'.

#29 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

I'm amazed you got to speak to anyone at DHL Pete. My Minispares parcel got caught up in the IT meltdown, Simon sorted it, but it ended up in DHLs local depot. Could I speak to anyone about holding it there for pick up being as there was no option on their site? No. Ended up missing another weekend of spanner time while they sorted a re-delivery for the week after. That wasn't a Minispares issue, that got resolved quickly by Simon, it's DHL's typical we don;t want to speak to anyone in person approach.

0844 248 0844 if anyone needs to contact DHL and speak to a human. Whether it will do any good, or not, is up for conjecture.

#30 YJO

YJO

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

Have the it issues been resolved ? As no one wanted to answer the phone today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users