72 replies to this topic

#61 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:23 PM

your choice, but it is far from a ball ache, as once registered you get 7.5% off everything.

It is a ball ache to be fair. I just stick to mini sport. Like others have said, I've spent thousands with mini sport and mini spares don't get my business

#62 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:45 PM

I will say with Minisport our dealings with them have been very very hit and miss.

My lad had stuff on order for a month with no comms as to why the order was not being fulfilled. Twice this happened and both times he cancelled the order and went with Minispares.

BUT when i had issues with Cooper S rims i bought off them, they dealt with it very quickly and painlessly.

The biggest problem with Minisport is the lack of comms.

#63 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:55 AM

Well, I have to say things have not seemed to improve over at MiniSpares….at least for me.

I used to get incredible service, I would place my order on Sunday evening (I'm in the states) when they were closed and they would email me first thing Monday morning that the order was in process, DHL would pick it up and I would have it at my door Wed afternoon - of the same week! 

Lately, no matter which day I place the order it's one week before they tell me my card has been charged and it's ready for shipment, then it seems like it's another week before I have it.

I guess I was just spoiled by the service I used to get......

#64 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

I tried to assemble some bits for an online order this week and my basket was only accepting one item then nothing more ... there's definitely still some IT problems. I then gave up and looked elsewhere, even paying a little more. Recently I've felt that the personal nature of the way they did business seems to have faded.

#65 NZMini1275

NZMini1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:56 AM

My last 2 orders to Newzealand have came out of minispares North
Processed and sent same day as ordered
Last one was 4 days from order to my door in Nz

#66 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:27 AM

I've always had good service from Minispares. The amount of stuff they process must be loads, there's bound to be the odd issue. people tend to highlight the negatives more than the positives.

I was amazed this week when I ordered a timing light off ebay from Australia, it arrived 2 days later. I don't understand how that be physically done.

#67 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:05 AM

I ordered a bunch of small odds and ends for my resto from minispares last week Monday and they should be here this afternoon. It's not lightening fast but still very satisfactory for me. Not to mention they actually have stuff I need in stock, it's all good quality, and is about as quick as ordering from the small mini parts suppliers here who charge more and outrageous shipping prices.

#68 locky7101

locky7101

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

Minispares - Ordered lots (£££'s) within the last few weeks and had no issues. Prompt delivery and good quality products. Also Simon sorted out the TMF+ discount very quickly and applied to my account for every order.

Minisport - Had previous issues where I had a bonnet delivered with a rather distasteful dent on the front edge. Not helpful when the car was in the paint shop waiting for the bonnet. But lately, they have been better and will continue to use for some items. 

Also just ordered from Richmond with free UK delivery, which is a nice bonus.

#69 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

I ordered on Weds, got it Saturday morning by Royal Mail, I much prefer when they use Royal Mail, as you know its coming with the Postman!

#70 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:29 PM

Well, my order of 7/5 still hasn't leftt their dock....today I get an email asking for more money as they didn't figure the shipping correctly. Sheesh.....seems like the more I spend the worse it gets.....

#71 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

Well, my order of 7/5 still hasn't leftt their dock....today I get an email asking for more money as they didn't figure the shipping correctly. Sheesh.....seems like the more I spend the worse it gets.....

The website can only estimate shipping based on physical weight not dimensional weight, airlines charge by dimensional weight as it takes up more space on the plane and hence charge more, so if you order something large that only weighs 1kg for example the dimensional weight could be 20kg.

#72 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

Placed order on Sunday, parts arrived today, can't moan at that.

#73 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

The website can only estimate shipping based on physical weight not dimensional weight, airlines charge by dimensional weight as it takes up more space on the plane and hence charge more, so if you order something large that only weighs 1kg for example the dimensional weight could be 20kg.

I understand, I didn't order anything large - just one tire. DHL says they'll deliver on the 18th, if they do that's 15 days from order to delivery at my door. compared to the three days it used to take, that's a substantial change in performance.

Edited by Magneto, 16 July 2019 - 07:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users