• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kevinp5271

kevinp5271
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

Hi there

new to this forum, and not an owner just yet, but looking.

I've been offered a 1987 Mayfair SX with the Sussex Performance Engineering 1380 engine. I've not seen it yet, but assuming its straight, what should I look for and what should I pay? I have established they made very few and they were very fast! any thoughts much appreciated. 

#2 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

SPE 1400SX -as rare as rocking horse poop (as you know)

https://www.roblight...my-archive.html

Things to look out for -accident damage, fake ID, rust, hidden rust, disguised rust, & any other type of rust that might be in existence that i don't know of.

Price -that all depends on the condition (i'd guess somewhere between £300 & £30,000!)

Unless you know Minis inside out, upside down, & every which way but loose, your best bet is to take someone along to check out the car with you (& i mean someone who REALLY knows about Minis) as it might not be a genuine SX & apparently roadworthy Minis can be bodged in so many delightful ways.

There's plenty of people on this forum who fill that requirement & some of them live in or near Brighton so it might be worth starting a thread asking if anybody in your vicinity can check the car out with you.

(but don't be surprised if one of them puts in a bid if you're not sure whether to buy it or not).

#3 kevinp5271

kevinp5271
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Thanks - useful info. Despite having 3 minis in my youth, and repairing them all, I think someone with proper knowledge needs to come along. Any takers for the price of a beer?! Thanks

#4 gallini1964

gallini1964

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:23 PM

Did you buy it??

#5 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members