19 replies to this topic

#16 T5FAU

T5FAU

Passed Test

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

I'm just going to add to the emphasis of crappy fitting Magnum panels, i tried their door step and gave up, the profile was around 8mm off. Their service is also shocking and didnt care about the fitment problems. I did get the flinch repair to fit though after a few days of swearing. M-Machine on the other hand are top notch, spot on.

#17 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Worth knowing thanks. As for discount I get 10% of more as a BMC member, but you're right for a fiver I should subscribe.

#18 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

just to add, dont buy magnum wings, they are now made in china, i bought one set really cheap, and cut them up lots to get anywhere, and had another set recently and just no no..

Door step i think is meant to go over a rotten original... My quarters dont have good def on the corners.

But saying that, they are a lot cheaper

#19 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

Iv just today replaced the doorstep on my Mini using a Magnum panel. It worked without too much hassle, I do think it was supposed to go over the rotten step but I made it work. I also have a magnum cill to replace the cill that's just fell off, I did the other side last year and so far it's still fine. I will ve replacing the floor with a magnum panel, I can't afford heritage panels, so will make the floor fit..

#20 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

Bought a Magnum mk1 doorskin at L2B. Only done a trial fit so far to the spare door framework it's going on but it seems a good fit, referring to a lot of measurements from my existing door. Anyone any experience of these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users