19 replies to this topic

#16 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

Moke - with your adventures (and your profile pic) I expect your underside is well worn but functional.    :D

Edited by rich_959, 15 May 2019 - 07:36 AM.

#17 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

That is an extremely nice underside.

Oh really ? ,,,,,,

Bitterly disappointed,,,,,,,

You've never said anything as remotely as nice as that in my ear,,,,

:D :D :D

Your underside is vast enough to live work and play there.

#18 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

Don't make it a flat tray;  bring the sides up, like a U because I was supprised at how much dirt gets thrown through the frame, past the trumpets.

I also put louvers across the back of my Mk2 tray to give the stuff that gets in, a chance to get out.

Yes, thanks for that. I did wonder how much mud etc. would get thrown in from the wheel wells. It's still a work in progress so I will try to address the shortcomings as I go along. I am intending to fit some some small vents in the rear valance and paint the undertray with epoxy and possibly a coat of Raptor.

#19 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

Don't make it a flat tray;  bring the sides up, like a U because I was supprised at how much dirt gets thrown through the frame, past the trumpets.

I also put louvers across the back of my Mk2 tray to give the stuff that gets in, a chance to get out.

Yes, thanks for that. I did wonder how much mud etc. would get thrown in from the wheel wells. It's still a work in progress so I will try to address the shortcomings as I go along.

I am intending to paint the undertray with epoxy and possibly a coat of Raptor.

I like your "belt & braces" ideas, but you are going to need twin wheels to carry all that weight.

#20 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Yes, thanks for that. I did wonder how much mud etc. would get thrown in from the wheel wells. It's still a work in progress so I will try to address the shortcomings as I go along.

I am intending to paint the undertray with epoxy and possibly a coat of Raptor.

I like your "belt & braces" ideas, but you are going to need twin wheels to carry all that weight.

Yes, after starting with a rusting hulk, I did go a bit overboard with protective paint. I think the metal is now a thin filling between two layers of epoxy.

Still, when I get to the engine it will be a good excuse to give it a few more horsepower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users