Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Local Club: MiniOwnersclubkzn

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

Good evening

Please assist with the following:

I purchased a mini body ( In South Africa we don't a lot of options for mini shells) that had the floor from the handbrake going forward to the bottom of the bulkhead including all sills and side steps plus cross member removed.All of the mentioned has been removed without any sort of bracing for support.

My question is how is it the best for me brace before putting in floors etc.Please see pic attached.

Thank you

Attached Files

#2 AndyR

AndyR

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

Hmmm....with all that removed i am sure that the body has splayed.  So putting any bracing in would hold it in that wrong position.  Ideally you would want to weld in a square shaped frame that spans the door apertures and then between the A and B pillars, and a few diagonals within that "square."  

I would get your tape measure out and measure your subframe mounting points against the factory specs to make sure its within spec.  I would maybe weld in tubes as low as possible between the A and B pillars and then use ratchet straps to pull the shell into spec if it is out.  You could then weld in the rest afterwards to keep it in place.

http://www.turbomini...ts/587197-1.gif

I would definitely go for the whole heritage floor as it fits great and will help you line and align everything up.

Andy

#3 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

Good evening

I purchased a mini body ( In South Africa we don't a lot of options for mini shells) that had the floor from the handbrake going forward to the bottom of the bulkhead including all sills and side steps plus cross member removed.All of the mentioned has been removed without any sort of bracing for support.

My question is how is it the best for me brace before putting in floors etc.Please see pic attached.

Thank you

Was the last owner a Mr F Finstone?

#4 1977Sagren

1977Sagren

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

Hmmm....with all that removed i am sure that the body has splayed.  So putting any bracing in would hold it in that wrong position.  Ideally you would want to weld in a square shaped frame that spans the door apertures and then between the A and B pillars, and a few diagonals within that "square."  

I would get your tape measure out and measure your subframe mounting points against the factory specs to make sure its within spec.  I would maybe weld in tubes as low as possible between the A and B pillars and then use ratchet straps to pull the shell into spec if it is out.  You could then weld in the rest afterwards to keep it in place.

http://www.turbomini...ts/587197-1.gif

I would definitely go for the whole heritage floor as it fits great and will help you line and align everything up.

Andy

Thank you Andy.Will try my best.

#5 1977Sagren

1977Sagren

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Good evening

Thank you

Hi 

Homersimpson

I am not sure but will definelty find out and keep you informed.

#6 gazza82

gazza82

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Good evening

Thank you

Did you mean F Flintstone? :gimme:

#7 1977Sagren

1977Sagren

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

Good evening

Thank you

Did you mean F Flintstone? :gimme:

:D My bad good one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users