#1 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Hi all, thought I'd share some pics of a set of Celica T Sport Sears I fitted to my project. I used the original runners so they retain all the adjustable settings. I can show pictures of the brackets which are functional rather than pretty and fixed to the original cross member holes.

Attached File  IMG-20190514-WA0006.jpg   32.15K   6 downloads

Edited by jonjosar, 15 May 2019 - 07:54 AM.

#2 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

They look great and it's nice when you use the original locating holes too. 

The Celica (and very similar MR2 Roadster) seats are fairly light too.  Back in the day I've used 70's Datsun seats, then moved onto TR7 seats and on my previous one 205GTI seats, problem with a lot of the others is the weigh a ton.

Just need the 190 engine up front and it will shift as well as it looks!

#3 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

Lol.My son had a T sport Corolla and although maybe not Type R quick, it was a fairly rapid vehicle and wasnt as " boy racer" as the Civic. My wife was complimenting me on my colour coordination as the red fleck in the seats match the colour of the car and the dark grey centre goes with the grey door panels. I hadn't the heart to admit that it was just coincidence as both were cheap.

#4 hhhh

hhhh

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

Honda Prelude seats fit quite nicely too, except it's a little harder to reach into the back seat for groceries.

#5 jonjosar

jonjosar

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

The passenger seat has the benefit of the tilt and slide that most 3 door jap cars have. There is a small lever at the rear of the seat that when operated, the seay folds forward and slides towards the front of the car. I had to remove the side airbags but i was able to do it and keep the airbag side plastic part so no unsightly holes. They need a good clean but i still have loads to do so that will be one of my last jobs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares