#1 Laska

Laska

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

Hi,

I have fitted a secondary electric fan to help my 1340cc with its cooling. I have fitted the temperature probe for the switch inside the top hose from the thermostat. While the feed from that probe is a thin capillary wire, I cannot stop the hose from leaking where the capillary wire exits.

I have seen some images where the temperature probe is sat laying on the top of the radiator (I guess bonded in some way?) any thoughts and ideas about alternative ways of fitting the temperature probe?

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

aslong as it gets heated it does not matter where it is fitted or how you just adjust the dial to turn the fan on when you want.

5ePaOOF.jpg

did not like those kits so i fitted a switch.

NEsp1ha.jpg

#3 Laska

Laska

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

Thank you. I think I’ll fit externally and moderate on the temperature controller. In reading all sorts of post this evening I’m now confused about whether the fan should such air in from the wheel arch an blow through the radiator or suck air from the engine bay through the radiator and back out into the sheen arch!

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,935 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:08 PM

blow from engine to wheel arch. the same as the Mech fan or you will not get any flow.

#5 Laska

Laska

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Thanks again. I will switch the wires over. I was sure the instructions said the opposite but everything I’ve read agrees with you.

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,935 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

well many fans are either push or pull if you have the wrong fan then that may be what is causing the confusion. if you are mounting in the inner wing area you will need a pull fan.

#7 Laska

Laska

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

It’s an Aeroline fan which is duel running - I just need to reverse the polarity so it reverses and now pulls. For some crazy reason I thought the fan mounted on the engine pull air through the radiator as opposed to pushing air out through it. I feel a bit of a numpty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users