18 replies to this topic

#1 joltfreak

joltfreak

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

Please vote for my mini to hopefully win!!!
Here is the hyperlink:
https://tunerbattleg...tion_ref_map=[]

We have made it into the final four, the polls have been reset and the new vote for the final two has just started!

STEP ONE
Go to the profile page of the competitor of your choice

STEP TWO
Log-in using your Facebook account

STEP THREE
Click the YELLOW STAR on the top of their profile page

Voting is limited to 1(one) vote per Facebook account per 24 hours of the posted qualified Competitors. Vote totals reset to 0 (zero) at the end of stage. Standings will updated each day between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM EDT!

Please continue to vote and help me make it to the finals!!!

#2 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Excuse me if I am a bit old fashioned, but A) I don't have a Facebook account and B) I thought that winning a competition was totally down to merit, not how many of your mates you can get to vote for you!

I think the lack of replies to your post is some indication of the general feeling about your request. At least here in the UK.

Good luck in the competition, it looks a nice car.

#3 joltfreak

joltfreak

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

I appreciate what you are saying and don't disagree with you however, I do not make the rules of this competition and since I'm in it. i would like to win it.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

oh dear is that a Bini badge on the back.

sorry not my thing with little Mini left.

#5 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

I appreciate what you are saying and don't disagree with you however, I do not make the rules of this competition and since I'm in it. i would like to win it.

Thanks for your comments. However, I have just read the rules & regulations of Tuner Battlegrounds and it states that anyone with a Facebook account can vote once every 24 hours for the car they think is the best.

I can find no mention of competitors being allowed to persuade voters to vote for their car for the sole reason that, "they wanted to win"!

If your thread had read something like, "I have entered my car into a competition for best car. If you want to see some great cars and vote for your favourite, go to www... etc.".

I am sure that you would have received a lot more votes.

#6 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

The comments here are in pretty poor taste... You all act like these sorts of competitions are a new thing, and every contestant will be doing exactly the same thing, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... Yes it is a bit of a popularity contest, no point in trying to hide it, which is why the OP was honest in saying that he just wants your votes to win. Really no need in giving him jip for simply following the rules. The idea of this sort of contest is to allow the general public to be the panel of judges, which of course has it's pros and cons. At the end of the day, what's the harm in simply supporting a fellow Mini enthusiast, instead of tearing him down. Especially for things so small as Bini badges on the back, I mean for Christ sake come on, really? He's obviously poured blood sweat and tears into that car over the years, and all you can do is slate the whole car based solely on his choice of badge? This is exactly the sort of attitude that drives people away from the classic mini scene. 

#7 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

The comments here are in pretty poor taste... You all act like these sorts of competitions are a new thing, and every contestant will be doing exactly the same thing, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... Yes it is a bit of a popularity contest, no point in trying to hide it, which is why the OP was honest in saying that he just wants your votes to win. Really no need in giving him jip for simply following the rules. The idea of this sort of contest is to allow the general public to be the panel of judges, which of course has it's pros and cons. At the end of the day, what's the harm in simply supporting a fellow Mini enthusiast, instead of tearing him down. Especially for things so small as Bini badges on the back, I mean for Christ sake come on, really? He's obviously poured blood sweat and tears into that car over the years, and all you can do is slate the whole car based solely on his choice of badge? This is exactly the sort of attitude that drives people away from the classic mini scene. 

I completely disagree. He is blatantly flouting the rules. My own car is a resto mod so I have no problem with badges or indeed make of engine. The OP's car is a fantastic piece of work that pretty much anyone on here would be proud to own. My problem is with the methods he has chosen to persuade people to vote his car the best. We don't even have to look at the car if we are going to vote for him just because he is a TMF member. There are lots of very nice cars there and they have all had lots of time and/or money spent on them, lets vote for them for the right reasons

#8 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

It does look well executed but I personally don't like 13" wheels and large arches on 60's vehicles.

#9 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

I completely disagree. He is blatantly flouting the rules. My own car is a resto mod so I have no problem with badges or indeed make of engine. The OP's car is a fantastic piece of work that pretty much anyone on here would be proud to own. My problem is with the methods he has chosen to persuade people to vote his car the best. We don't even have to look at the car if we are going to vote for him just because he is a TMF member. There are lots of very nice cars there and they have all had lots of time and/or money spent on them, lets vote for them for the right reasons

There is nothing in the rules that says contestants aren't allowed to share their competition entry with others... Like I said, every contestant will be doing this, and he didn't make the rules, so in his case he can either do the same or accept losing. These sorts of competitions (asking for likes on Facebook, etc) pop up on here all the time and nobody bats an eyelid, now all of a sudden people have a problem with this. Yes wouldn't it be lovely if each car was judged on it's own merits by a completely unbiased panel, but that is very rarely how any contests work these days, so you have to work with what you have. Take it up with the organisers of Tuner Battlegrounds, not an innocent contestant. If people don't want to vote, then they don't have to. No need to make a big song and dance about why he's wrong and why you won't be voting etc. Just scroll on by. You also have to consider that since Tuner Battlegrounds is primarily aimed at custom/modified cars, it will not reach an audience of classic car enthusiasts, meaning a classic Mini would potentially get overlooked by the public in favour of more modern cars with more visually striking modifications. Therefore I see nothing wrong with trying to recruit the support of fellow Mini enthusiasts to give himself a better chance, because I can tell you for sure that all the Subaru owners will be posting on the Subaru forums, and all the Camaro guys will be on the Camaro forums, etc, it's just how it's done.  

#10 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

I'm sure one of the reasons they're having the competition is to increase web traffic.

Nothing wrong with asking for votes (ask Theresa or Nige), you don't have to if you don't want to. You're even free to vote for another car if you prefer  :ohno:

#11 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

ooops! politics - I'm not getting involved!

#12 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

There is nothing in the rules that says contestants aren't allowed to share their competition entry with others... Like I said, every contestant will be doing this, and he didn't make the rules, so in his case he can either do the same or accept losing. These sorts of competitions (asking for likes on Facebook, etc) pop up on here all the time and nobody bats an eyelid, now all of a sudden people have a problem with this. Yes wouldn't it be lovely if each car was judged on it's own merits by a completely unbiased panel, but that is very rarely how any contests work these days, so you have to work with what you have. Take it up with the organisers of Tuner Battlegrounds, not an innocent contestant. If people don't want to vote, then they don't have to. No need to make a big song and dance about why he's wrong and why you won't be voting etc. Just scroll on by. You also have to consider that since Tuner Battlegrounds is primarily aimed at custom/modified cars, it will not reach an audience of classic car enthusiasts, meaning a classic Mini would potentially get overlooked by the public in favour of more modern cars with more visually striking modifications. Therefore I see nothing wrong with trying to recruit the support of fellow Mini enthusiasts to give himself a better chance, because I can tell you for sure that all the Subaru owners will be posting on the Subaru forums, and all the Camaro guys will be on the Camaro forums, etc, it's just how it's done.  

Well if that is the norm in this Facebook age, then I bow down to your superior knowledge. In my day it would be called cheating.

Lets hope that the winner of the biggest pumpkin challenge on Monday doesn't get beaten by some fella with a satsuma and lots of likes on Facechat or Snapbook!

#13 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:04 PM

Well if that is the norm in this Facebook age, then I bow down to your superior knowledge. In my day it would be called cheating.

Lets hope that the winner of the biggest pumpkin challenge on Monday doesn't get beaten by some fella with a satsuma and lots of likes on Facechat or Snapbook!

There's not need to blatantly look down your nose at an entire generation just because you don't understand it. 

#14 joltfreak

joltfreak

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

Thank you to those that supported me!!

Those that do not agree with me posting for this thread for support, you can simply just ignore it or vote for someone else if you wish (nobody is forcing you to do anything).

#15 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

There's not need to blatantly look down your nose at an entire generation just because you don't understand it. 

I'm not looking down my nose at anybody. Perhaps I should have put a "Smiley" after the, "Facechat or Snapbook" to let you know it was a joke! I was an I.T. engineer before I retired last year, so I do know about social media.

We are all doing the same thing on here, we are all spending time and money trying to get our cars as best as they can be. Whether it's, "as it came out of the factory" or a full custom build like The Purist, it doesn't matter as long as that person is chuffed to bits with the end results. I just find it a bit hard to swallow, when, if we decide to enter our pride and joy in a competition, we find out that the car is not being judged on the quality of workmanship, or the depth of the paint. or the power of the engine, but by a bit of juggling with the votes. Still, if that's the way it's done these days I guess, I'll just have to lump it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users