3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

Yesterday I fitted a brand new indicator assembly which I got from a seller on eBay. It worked perfectly when I fitted it, but today I've noticed it has developed some issues. Firstly, the flasher switch no longer works at all, and secondly, when on main beam, if I jiggle the stalk slightly it makes the dip beam come on. To me this points to a dodgy stalk, but just thought I'd see what the consensus was here first. The plug connectors are good, and everything else on the stalk works fine. 

I have recorded a little video here to try and show what I mean. Notice what my hand is doing at the bottom of the screen. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Chris

#2 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

That's faulty.

New stalks are rubbish quality compared to the factory ones.  I bought two new stalks from Minispares.  The indicator one worked but is cheaper construction than original.  The wiper stalk didn't work until I adjusted the contacts.  Also the part with the symbols on was fitted at the wrong angle.  I thought sod it and fitted it anyway but now I wish I returned it and got a replacement but it's too long ago now.

#3 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

That's faulty.

New stalks are rubbish quality compared to the factory ones.  I bought two new stalks from Minispares.  The indicator one worked but is cheaper construction than original.  The wiper stalk didn't work until I adjusted the contacts.  Also the part with the symbols on was fitted at the wrong angle.  I thought sod it and fitted it anyway but now I wish I returned it and got a replacement but it's too long ago now.

That is rather concerning news! It seems that a lot of parts are becoming poorer and poorer quality these days. Thanks for the clarification though, I've messaged the seller, will see what he says. 

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,482 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

Buy second hand if you can, new are junk, so much so I'm attempting a repair to an original stalk which has a disconnected earth loop

Edited by cal844, 25 May 2019 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users