4 replies to this topic

#1 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

I just want to freshen up the wiper system and i dont really see the need to pull the whole motor assembly out. I can pop off the access cover easily enough to get the old grease out and new grease in. Am i missing any maintenance procedures by not removing the entire system?

#2 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

It's definitely worth taking the whole assembly out. Take everything apart clean it all and re-grease it. you may have to replace the spindles as water tends to get in and cord them.

#3 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

Take it all out and do it properly.  It's not difficult and you'll do a far better job that way.

#4 jeffster06

jeffster06

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

Taking it all out isn't that hard of a job. Hopefully you're not unlucky like me and have the stop switch die after cleaning everything... I cleaned and re-greased mine earlier this year, when I put it all back in the wipers wouldn't turn off, must have cleaned the gunk keeping the stop switch working lol. 

#5 A-Cell

A-Cell

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Wheel boxes are not dismantable. I rinse them thoroughly with degreaser. Then leave them submerged in engine oil bath to lubricate them. Works well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users