#1 Richard19

Richard19

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:38 AM

SOLD

The previous owner was a Mini enthusiast and owned it for 5 years, completing extensive work. This included replacement of the whole front end and rear subframe with new genuine parts, full roll cage with padding , body panels, full respray (including a new black roof), two new doors, electric windows, new interior including new front and rear seats,

He also fitted a Metro 1275cc engine including skimmed, ported and polished head, faster road cam and 1.5 roller rockers, new inlet and exhaust manifolds from maniflow and a larger needle and jet in the carburettor. The engine had covered 36000 miles when it was installed and has covered a further 20000 miles now. The speedo reads 97000 miles which is the original car mileage.

The front brakes have also been upgraded to 4 pot calipers and vented discs from the Metro. The front and rear suspension has been changed with new rubber cones and adjustable suspension and the gas struts have been changed to Gaz fully adjustable shocks (front) to change ride comfort.

Since I’ve owned it I have installed the 12' Brand new Dunlop D1 wheels together with Falken tyres in November 2018 so they are pretty much new. I had the wheels Hunter 4 Wheel alignment system at Demon Tweeks. There is also the mk1 grille. It has been garaged for the majority of the time and the current battery has always been connected to a trickle charger.

In January 2019 I had the wheel bearing and gaitors replaced.

The oil and filter were also changed in January. It has a HIF 44 carb together with a K&N air filter which was recently oiled. There is plenty of paperwork with proof of old MOTs and receipts.

There is some slight bubbling under the paint on the scuttle, around the lights and on the bonnet. It’s very minor so shouldn't be expensive to fix.

It’s a great little car and very reliable. I recently went down to Devon (500 miles) and it was super reliable and happily sits at 70mph on the Motorway. It returns very good mpg over 50 so is very frugal. The seats are very comfortable and well supported. When I was looking for a Mini I wanted one which was mechanical sound and was lucky to find one was which not only had a good engine but the bodywork was very good also. As with a lot of Mini's it had been looked after in the past by enthusiasts. This is quite a reluctant sale . I’m open to sensible offers as I'd like to see the car go to a Mini enthusiast who can commit the time to maintaining and driving it.
If you want me to email any more photos please let me know and I will email them to you.
£4500.

https://www.carandcl...uk/car/C1119017

Edited by Richard19, 22 June 2019 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users