Photo
- - - - -

Drum Brake Front Hubs

Best Answer Spider , 12 June 2019 - 09:36 AM

The very very very early ones fitted to the 59 and 60 model Minis were different, but I seriously doubt you'd have one of these, it will be more likely a bur or ding in one of the items. They are a 'neat' fit and it doesn't take much for them to not be happy.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dalek

Dalek

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

Hi

Are there different sized splined holes in the front hubs on the drum braked cars ? Found one last night that i couldn't get the splined end of the cv joint into. Just wondering in case it's damaged or if there are slightly different sized ones out there?

Craig

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,932 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:36 AM   Best Answer

The very very very early ones fitted to the 59 and 60 model Minis were different, but I seriously doubt you'd have one of these, it will be more likely a bur or ding in one of the items. They are a 'neat' fit and it doesn't take much for them to not be happy.

#3 Dalek

Dalek

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

Ok i will have another look at it, it definitely wouldn't go in either end when i had the flange and cv joint in my hand.

#4 Rorf

Rorf

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Usually it is the cheap chinese cvs with the small nut that do not fit into the hub spline nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users