Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:04 PM

Hi everyone
I am doing a rebuild on a 1275 metro engine
Engine 12H D09 - a+ series 9.75cr leaded
Hif 44 stage 1 kit
The cam is KC MD 276
All bearings an thrust washers are standard and looks goods
The pistons are 21962 std

The question is are the Minispares swiftune pistons (CSTN 103) compatible with my engine?
Piston is a Forced Pin oiling • 6.5cc bowl • 2mm bowl offset. Don’t know what that means.

I have to rebore and I’m only going the next step up to 20 thousand.

Also would the EVO 1 cam from Minispares be better than kc md 276 cam I have now?

Main use is fast road. An the climate here is always 33c and hotter

Thanks

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

21253 would be the pistons I would choose.

The question about the cam is not easy to answer unless the actual use of the car together with details of the final drive ratio is known.

The 276 cam is good so long as the gearing is not too low and with a 276 cam a 3.44:1 final drive ratio would be best.

You don't mention the level of gas-flowing of the head nor the valve sizes. For any cam to work well the key in in the head. As a minimum with a 276 cam you need a head with 35.6 mm inlet valves and 29.5 mm exhausts. The throats need to be improved together with the combustion chambers and the compression ratio needs to be measured and set to give between 9.75 & 10:1 and 98 RON petrol used. The distributor curve may need to be altered to suit.

Whatever improved cam you firt it won't work well without a properly gas-flowed head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users