New To Site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhillMeWithTea

PhillMeWithTea
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:21 PM

Hi, I'm new and haven't brought a mini yet but I have always loved the only mini. The only mini there should be the original. I would love to buy a mk1 or mk2 to restore but I'm finding that there currently out of my price range and this is pushing me towards buying a more recent mini project such as mayfairs etc. What sort of price should I expect to pay for a mk1 or mk 2 complete car? There currently one on ebay which is over £2000. Cheers guys Phill

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,213 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:46 PM

Hi and welcome to TMF.

Here's one on FB and that still needs a chunk of work especially if you are going to be picky.

https://www.facebook...271643/?fref=nf

#3 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:11 PM

What sort of price should I expect to pay for a mk1 or mk 2 complete car?

Welcome.

There's no easy answer to that. Some complete cars reach 5-figures but I'd be surprised if you can pickup either a Mrk1 or Mrk2 that isn't a complete basket-case for less than £2-3k (some may raise that to ~£5k). There are truly rotten examples selling for eye watering prices but I do wonder how long that will continue.

Personally, that's all too rich for my taste, I gave up on the idea of a Mrk1/2 project many years ago and instead turned my attention to 80s cars (not that I need any more projects!).

Edited by Icey, 15 June 2019 - 11:11 PM.

#4 PhillMeWithTea

PhillMeWithTea
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:30 PM

Thanks guys. Never new about that Facebook page so I'll be joining that asap.

I love all minis I've had a massive love for them since my late teens. I like the vintage look that the mk1 and 2's have as I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to history. I watched a mk2 sell today for £5500 and it needed a huge amount of work doing to it (how the shell was holding itself together I have no idea).

I think I may look at getting a mk4 as they seem to be more easily avalible and a lot cheaper until I'm a bit older and can afford mk1 or 2 ( I'm only 27). They seem to be more readily available and a huge amount cheaper in costs.

Phill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares