Photo
- - - - -

Shock Absorber Issue

Best Answer Tupers , 15 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

There should be a large washer on either side of the top and bottom bushes to stop the damper walking off it.

http://www.minispare...ck to catalogue Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ed McBain

ed McBain

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

Hi I have a mini clubman 1973 upgraded to 1380 ,disc brakes and hi lows. I have just fitted new tie rod ends and noticed that the lower mounting of the front shock absorbers have moved on the bush. The near side forward and the off side backwards ,photos attached . I am using gmax shocks and hope it’s just worn bushes. If so am I better getting a new set . Any advice welcome thanks

Attached Files

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

You did not fit the big washers on either side of the mount. So yes they will move.

#3 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:00 PM   Best Answer

There should be a large washer on either side of the top and bottom bushes to stop the damper walking off it.

http://www.minispare...ck to catalogue

#4 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

Should be like this.Attached File  20190615_161525.jpg   35.86K   2 downloadsAttached File  20190615_161544.jpg   49.52K   3 downloads

#5 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

As the other guys have mentioned, there's normally a big washer fitted, however, they only work correctly and noise free with shouldered bushes, which they shocks are not fitted with. The Big Washer will work but you may get some noise as the metal body of the shock eye will rub directly on the Washer. There are better bushes available for those types of Eyes that are tapered.

#6 ed McBain

ed McBain

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:54 AM

Thanks guys I thought this might be the case . I’ll see if I can get some new bushes and washers and do it my self,these where actually fitted by some one else but hey that’s life I’ll sort it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users