#1 Rolsty

Rolsty

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Hi
I’m helping my 15 year old son repair a 1990 mini racing flame .
We’ve made a good start on it but the new doors and front wing seem to be miles off ?.
When we brought it the drivers door hinge post/ flitch panel was a bit missing !
We’ve replaced these with heritage and magnum panels but as you can see there’s a gap at the back and a gap at the front of the door with a bigger gap to the a panel?
There must be a trick to this or a guide that I can’t find ?
Thought I’d ask as he’s getting a bit miffed with it and won’t let me hit it with a hammer ?
Any advise appreciated
Thanks

Attached File  AD1379F7-A829-4415-9FD5-46BAD12745EE.jpeg   35.78K   1 downloadsAttached File  1C905B7D-2070-4F0D-8142-3CD3E72C4AAF.jpeg   59.47K   3 downloadsAttached File  379757B8-DB0D-437B-A52A-675B501B6B8F.jpeg   51.88K   1 downloads

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

Looking at the pictures the door needs to be shimmed. So if you do not have any fitted you need to add a shim or two under the lower hing to A post.

That will sort the door issue gap at the rear.

Now as for the A panel and wing problem, it appears you do not have the scuttle end fitted?? This needs to be on to get the correct orientation for the height of the wing and A panel.

Also you need the end lower flange of the door step to be fitted as this will give you the height for the A panel.

So for the moment without the scuttle end fitted the wing will sit too low. This in turn creates the issue with the A panel and also gapping the door correctly.

#3 Rolsty

Rolsty

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

Thanks - will have a go tonight at the scuttle, we were trying to make sure the door hung where it should as there were no panels there to go by !
Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users