#1 Coolingthunder

Coolingthunder

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:23 AM

Hi there!

U recently acquired a 1988 Mini Cooper Saloon, and found a rather strong petrol smell in the boot area.

Turns out the venting tube is way too short and just flaps about in the boot. No bueno!

However there are no open holes in the boot area nor is there any extra space next to the fuel line that runs to the front of the car.
Could someone get a picture of their boot to see where I need to drill a new hole to feed that new tube through, or otherwise give me some pointers on where it should be?

Thanks!

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

It usually runs down through the same grommet as the fuel line.

#3 Norris73

Norris73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Recently just had to do this job on my recently acquired 1990 City. The vent pipe runs from the outlet at the top of the tank and down the back/side of the fuel tank and out its own grommeted hole just infront of the hole carring the larger diameter fuel supply from the tank pipe. The pipe pops out dangerously close to the exhaust back box and the hole through the boot floor is virtually right on the back of the front of the rear subframe, but with careful routing can be given some clearance. The original pipe was rubber and cracking to pieces, the replacement i used was this and was ideal - https://www.minispar...|Back to search

This car has never been restored so was the way rover did it - atleast in 1990.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Norris73, 18 June 2019 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users