#1 Lincon

Lincon

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:05 AM

Hello everyone,,,

I was wondering if you would be able to tell me what sort of racing I will be able to do with the mini I am building,
It has a carbon fibre roof, carbon fibre doors, carbon fibre front end, carbon boot lid and boot floor, full multipoint roll cage, recaro bucket seats and takata harness, seats and harness are in date. It has a honda vtec conversion for the engine....

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

If you want to go racing, you need to get the regulations applicable to saloon cars, then build your car to comply with those technical requirements.

You cannot just build a car and then see what you can use it for, To make it eligible may mean some major alterations from what you currently have.

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:23 PM

no point replying to this he is just a spammer. who come back and edits his posts with spam links, and -iirc he has been banned already.

#4 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:53 PM

I do always wonder about that with those absolute monsters people build that look and sound like they would only be useful for any sort of racing but would be utterly ineligible for any series I know of. What do you do with them? purely track days and hill climbs? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users