#1 Jamdog

Jamdog

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Local Club: 998

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

Im looking at getting a full carpet set for my clubman estate, and I'm wondering who makes the best quality

For example, is a mini spares 'deluxe' carpet set the same as a minisport 'deluxe'? And is newton commercial better than all of them?

#2 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

you will not be disappointed with the Newton Commercial set I have had there in my MK4 for the last 10 years and still looks like new

#3 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,482 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

Newton commercial, expensive, yes but very good quality

#4 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

got one from optimise automotive. fairly cheap and good build. in since a year, still holding strong

#5 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:09 AM

got one from optimise automotive. fairly cheap and good build. in since a year, still holding strong

I was considering one of their premium carpets with the integrated foam/sound deadening. But I'm a long way off worrying about interior. 

Has anyone tried one?

#6 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

I was considering one of their premium carpets with the integrated foam/sound deadening. But I'm a long way off worrying about interior. 

Has anyone tried one?

yea thats the one i got. The parts fit fairly well. The front main carpet piece needed some trimming as it was slightly too wide so it buldged up in the centre. Took a stanley to it and was done in a few minutes. 
The only wish I had was that it would be slightly heavier??? The foam is really light so it didn't have that "premium" feel i though it wouldve. Not sure how others are though

Edited by luismx123, 26 June 2019 - 09:02 AM.

#7 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

Has anyone tried one?

yea thats the one i got. The parts fit fairly well. The front main carpet piece needed some trimming as it was slightly too wide so it buldged up in the centre. Took a stanley to it and was done in a few minutes. 
The only wish I had was that it would be slightly heavier??? The foam is really light so it didn't have that "premium" feel i though it wouldve. Not sure how others are though

Thank Luis, good to know. Did you put it down on bare paint, or did you add anything else between the carpet and the floor?

#8 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

Has anyone tried one?

Thank Luis, good to know. Did you put it down on bare paint, or did you add anything else between the carpet and the floor?

straight down. there was some sort of panelling applied before. some sort of silent coat but the previous owner painted over it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users