2 replies to this topic

#1 Will96

Will96

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Hi all, just as a quick one, a while back I had a small issue regarding a missing ball bearing from one of the bearing collars that fit into the inboard CV pot joint (engine side of driveshaft, not wheel side, just for clarity) and i was assured by a friend that minimal, light driving wouldn't be a problem whilst i sourced the correct side bearings to replace. How i wish i doubted him more, now I'm 90% certain its damaged the collar that all the bearings are sat in on the driveshaft, so I'm after replacing it, and the other side for assurance. So, I know that the collar fits onto the end of the driveshaft with spider patterns and some force, so was hoping to get away with an easy peezy, knock the broken collar off and replace with flange with new ball bearings in. So, explaining out of the way, main question is really, the mini spares pot joints (this sort of thing- https://www.minispar...px|Back to shop) is this only the pot joint, or does it have everything I need to be able to insert a bare driveshaft? 

Sorry if anythings unclear, I've not been able to find the proper name for the Collar/Flange/Bearing bit that is inside the pot joint, and had trouble describing it without its name. Need to know anything feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. 

#2 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:49 AM

Here’s an exploded view and the page from the manual. The inner race is the part on the right with the splines. The cage sits over the inner race and the ball bearings are inserted.

48149663331_1309b42266_h.jpg

The new pots are complete - just slide onto diff output and driveshafts. Just check your retaining circlips are OK

#3 Will96

Will96

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

Absolute life saver. Thank you very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users