2 replies to this topic

#1 JK95

JK95

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

Hey guys! So, last year when I bought my Mini, most lights did not work. Seeing that an earlier owner had made spaghetti out of the old loom, I changed it for a new one but most lights still dont work. The rear lights work together with the park lights but daytime, indicators and high beam does not work, except for flashing the high beam, that works. Gauges light up with park lights if that helps.
Starter works fine.

I`ve read that the indicator stalk can go bad with the use of h4 bulbs, and mine uses h4 bulbs. I`ve had to change one bulb holder because it had melted before my ownership and been taped together. Is there anything else that could give these exact faults? I have my mot on tuesday, so I`m a bit stressed.

It is a 1971 Mini 1000 by the way, but with the new loom I now have an alternator instead of a dynamo.

Edited by JK95, 05 July 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,482 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

Have a look at the both the switches for crud, melting etc then look at the front of the car for corrosion or disconnected earths.

Then check that power is getting there.

The H4 bulbs work fine in my minis bit you can get a relay kit that takes the power from the starter motor feeds

#3 JK95

JK95

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

Turns out the indicator stalk was faulty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users