Photo

Having Issue With My Japanese Spi

Best Answer mnr47 , 12 August 2021 - 02:49 AM

It's been awhile and forgot to update here.

1. My car vibrates on braking. The vibration can be felt towards the pedal itself. Initially i thought it would be my disc rotor so I have done replacing my entire brakes with new disc rotor, new front pad, rear new hydraulic pump and new brake shoe. I even serviced my front calipers and replaced all the oil seal in it. After all was done, When i tested the car, the vibration was still there. I managed to diagnose it and found the vibration from left wheel.

- The issue was my wheel bearing.

2. The car idle fine at 900rpm with and without a/c, But once awhile while driving the car, it will jerks as if not enough fuel. Then when i turn off the engine and start immediately it will fire up without issue and I will be able to drive few more KM until the jerking comes again. This only happens once awhile. not always.

- The issue was my fuel pump, it shuts down when gets hot. Once I install new pump, the issue solved.

I have replaced all the vacuum hose with samco silicone type, new rear fuel filter as well. The temperature is fine as well.

- 3mm samco hose

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mnr47

mnr47

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

Hi There,

Hope someone could advice me on the issue currently i am facing. There are 2 issue. My mini is japanese SPI with coil pack(rover black engine). Below are the issues:

1. My car vibrates on braking. The vibration can be felt towards the pedal itself. Initially i thought it would be my disc rotor so I have done replacing my entire brakes with new disc rotor, new front pad, rear new hydraulic pump and new brake shoe. I even serviced my front calipers and replaced all the oil seal in it. After all was done, When i tested the car, the vibration was still there. I managed to diagnose it and found the vibration from left wheel.

could it be my wheel bearing? As i noticed there is slight play on the left wheel.

2. The car idle fine at 900rpm with and without a/c, But once awhile while driving the car, it will jerks as if not enough fuel. Then when i turn off the engine and start immediately it will fire up without issue and I will be able to drive few more KM until the jerking comes again. This only happens once awhile. not always.

I have replaced all the vacuum hose with samco silicone type, new rear fuel filter as well. The temperature is fine as well.

Attached Files

#2 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

I had that "engine jerking" problem - I discovered that the coil was shorting/arcing on to the cylinder head!

Or perhaps the fuel filter is clogged?

#3 masslaw

masslaw

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Local Club: Victoria Mini Owners Club

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

Curious to know the size of the samco silicone tubing you used...or part number. Thanks

#4 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

that temp looks low, what thermostat is fitted, are the hoses  3mm/4mm? get a diagnostic tester something like an ACR4 it will show what the sensor readings are and help to point towards existing problems if any

Edited by hunterg30, 21 July 2019 - 11:13 PM.

#5 mnr47

mnr47

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 02:49 AM   Best Answer

It's been awhile and forgot to update here.

- The issue was my wheel bearing.

- The issue was my fuel pump, it shuts down when gets hot. Once I install new pump, the issue solved.

- 3mm samco hose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users