17 replies to this topic

#1 Poppet2

Poppet2

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

Looking for a breathable one that also won't scratch the paintwork. For outdoor use.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Every car covered do brilliant covers, worth the money... but put a duvet between the roof and the cover to prevent micro scratching

#3 M700FGT

M700FGT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:50 AM

When i took my last mini off the road i spent a lot of money on a cover as i wanted the car protected.

Stormforce make one that's breathable, soft inside and seems to fit the requirements.

So i paid £120 for it.................. It lasted less than a year sat on a driveway that wasn't in direct sunlight.

The cover literally disintegrated and you could put your finger through it after about 10 months.

Im sure other people have had good results, but I would never buy one of these again.

#4 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

When i took my last mini off the road i spent a lot of money on a cover as i wanted the car protected.

Stormforce make one that's breathable, soft inside and seems to fit the requirements.

So i paid £120 for it.................. It lasted less than a year sat on a driveway that wasn't in direct sunlight.

The cover literally disintegrated and you could put your finger through it after about 10 months.

Im sure other people have had good results, but I would never buy one of these again.

I had the exact same experience. The UV just destroyed it. Pretty bad form for a outdoor cover......

#5 MiniYZF-R1

MiniYZF-R1

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

I have used https://www.cover-zone.com for years and all my family have used different versions both internal and external. Have seem to last well.

Edited by MiniYZF-R1, 14 July 2019 - 05:43 PM.

#6 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

https://www.speciali...com/car-covers/

I've kept Mini's outdoors under their Stormsheild+ for years without any problems.

Edited by Curley, 14 July 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#7 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:21 PM

Trike cover about £157 none of it touches the car ,plus there are two vents to stop cooking your car in summer

#8 YJO

YJO

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

I agree with m700fgt, storm shield does not stand up to uv light, so does not entirely do what it claims to do ,and if you have an mpi its a really tight fit over the spots, I am currently trying a halfords extra small all weather cover, it's a bit big for a mini,but has good vents and seems to breathe well, and is a vast improvement over the previous offering in being smaller and better quality and cost not much more and at 50 quid worth a punt!

#9 M700FGT

M700FGT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

I agree with m700fgt, storm shield does not stand up to uv light, so does not entirely do what it claims to do ,and if you have an mpi its a really tight fit over the spots, I am currently trying a halfords extra small all weather cover, it's a bit big for a mini,but has good vents and seems to breathe well, and is a vast improvement over the previous offering in being smaller and better quality and cost not much more and at 50 quid worth a punt!

I had the same problem with another cover I tried. I can't remember who made it, but it was also a bit big.

The problem was the wind was really bad, so it kept lifting off. I don't recommend bungie cords as they wear quickly in the weather and eventually snap. 

Instead I used a couple of ratchets. They held perfectly and didn't wear as quickly. When I did it, I didn't over tighten and placed a couple of towels on the car and under the cover to protect the paintwork. We didn't have a single problem, but I was very cautious and didn't rush. 

#10 Damo-A-77

Damo-A-77

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:19 PM

Just got a Trike cover on ebay for £100(normally £170) with shipping(I was the winning bider) n my old one stop being water proof after over a year =/! but the trike one will be better n more easy to get my mini out! plus if needs be can get a new cover for £75 or try win a new one for less lol

#11 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:24 PM

Just got a Trike cover on ebay for £100(normally £170) with shipping(I was the winning bider) n my old one stop being water proof after over a year =/! but the trike one will be better n more easy to get my mini out! plus if needs be can get a new cover for £75 or try win a new one for less lol

just remember to drive in, hard to impossible to get out of your car if reversed in

#12 daveeeeee

daveeeeee

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:19 PM

Hey, did this work out well? Which one did you buy? Thanks!

#13 Damo-A-77

Damo-A-77

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

Hey, did this work out well? Which one did you buy? Thanks!

Hello! Sorry for late reply been working 14hour shifts lately :( n my head is super mushy! haha

It's all set up and it looks and feels brill! My mini is now super dry and the cover is doing a really good job at keeping the temp down inside my car when its cracking the flags, got inside my mini and didn't burn my hand on my metal gear knob! lol, as said above best driving into it the cover/tent n other wise you wont be getting out! I'm just annoyed I didn't get it sooner!

Here's the link,

https://www.ebay.co....E HOME&_sacat=0

or if it dont work just put in BH03 TRIKE HOME on Ebay n it come up n the is always one to bid on, starting at about £55 ish or buy now for £170

#14 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

just remember to drive in, hard to impossible to get out of your car if reversed in

I have had one of these for over a year and it works well, I find it easier to reverse in as my GT is a little longer than a standard mini.

The only problem I have had is some condensation in the winter.

#15 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

I put a big tarp down this helps with condensation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users