#1 sparkymae

sparkymae

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

Is there any information out there on what year certain Minis got what bonnet badges and the reason why they got what they got. Just very curious. Hope i make sense. From like 1959 to 2000. I have a 1990, all stock, but i see other 1990 Minis with different ones. Anyone have any good info on this. Hope i'm in the right place here. Thanks :)

#2 OhhEnnEmm

OhhEnnEmm

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Of all manufacturers badges, none confuse me more than Mini  :lol: it is semi crazy to track their history...

#3 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:45 AM

... and has anyone any idea why the badges gained wings in the '90s, now continued with the new Mini?

#4 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:13 AM

Is there any information out there on what year certain Minis got what bonnet badges and the reason why they got what they got. Just very curious. Hope i make sense. From like 1959 to 2000. I have a 1990, all stock, but i see other 1990 Minis with different ones. Anyone have any good info on this. Hope i'm in the right place here. Thanks :)

There is a PhD in this for someone.

#5 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

... and has anyone any idea why the badges gained wings in the '90s, now continued with the new Mini?

I'd imagine the winged badge first used on the 1990 RSP's was designed to represent a combination of the mk1 Austin and Morris Cooper bonnet badges

Attached Files

#6 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

just go on wikipedia....................before they start charging you to use it, it'll give you nuff information,  don't think there is too much about export models tho?

#7 Albino_Hedgehog

Albino_Hedgehog

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Local Club: Solihull Mini Classic Club

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:47 PM

The first Austin vehicles used a "winged wheel" or "flying wheel" I would like to believe it was somewhat rooted from that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users