#1 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

Definitely not for sale
But out of interest, what do we think our mini would be worth if it were in the UK. Me and my father in law have disagreements.

It's a 1964 mk1 Morris 850. Assembled in Australia (knock down kit I believe).

Everything seems original. It has 30 thousand miles on the click but we have limited history.

Every panel looks to be the original, there is zero rust. It may have had a respray but in the original colour as it is almond green all over and inside and underneath. Never been undersealed.
Mechanically in good shape. Just had it's cones and shocks replaced as they were very tired.
Interior is all original but tired. The seats have been re-covered at some point in green vinyl. Sorry, no pics of inside.

What would it be worth on our shores? In all its slidey window, magic wand gear lever, floor starter 850 glory?

Attached Files

#2 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

£5,432-10............is as good a guess as any.  See the Mini Neon the the guy in Yorkshire has just sold.

As with every thing, it is worth what somebody else is prepare to pay for it, on the day that you want to sell it.

If the seats are the same colour as the interior rear side panels , the seats are unlikely to have been recovered and if the 30,000 miles on the odometer are correct, and it has not stood out in the elements, the paintwork may well not have been resprayed.

Edited by DeadSquare, 21 July 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#3 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Aussie assembled cars always had some amount of local content, by 1964 they started pressing some panels here. I don't recall Almond Green being an available colour, the original colour is on the build plate in the engine bay. 

#4 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

Aussie assembled cars always had some amount of local content, by 1964 they started pressing some panels here. I don't recall Almond Green being an available colour, the original colour is on the build plate in the engine bay.

It's probably not actually actual almond green. I just always say it is.

It's always felt more 'solid' to me than a UK mini, especially later cars. But maybe this is a mk1 thing as I've never owned an early UK car.

#5 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

With the way the pound is going the value probably depends on the exchange rate of the country its actually in...... :lol:

#6 mikewantsamk1

mikewantsamk1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:25 PM

I'd expect to pay £7-£10k for a good Mk1, possibly more for a special one.  Am always looking for the right one for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users