2 replies to this topic

#1 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:14 AM

Hi all, ive finally got around to making a calculator for the GTR101 temp sender. Using a Fluke Dry block and a Beamex calibrator ive measured the values from 0 C 75 C and 140C From this ive used Steinhart and Hart equation to calculate the graph since the sender is a NTC thermistor compared to a standard linear RTD as seen in industry. 

Open to feedback - Hope its useful for diagnostics. 

Any signs of vandalism please message me. 

Link to google sheets - Please note this is editable by multiple people at once, so double check the value you entered is correct encase someone has edited it at the same time 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Excel - unable to attatch due to im guessing the danger of excel macros. 

This be useful for a sticky.  

Edited by phillrulz, 28 July 2019 - 12:15 AM.

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,934 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

Phillrulz, thanks for taking the time to nut this out and put this together. I haven't tried it out just yet but to date, looks the best we have.

I'll uploaded in to FAQ a little later (if that's OK with you).

I see you found the table that I plotted in another thread ;-  http://www.theminifo...p-sender-specs/

The numbers in that were from direct measurement, rather than calculation and it took me around 2 hours to plot those numbers. Yes, it does take a little time for the sender to react as the body of the unit has some mass that takes time to change and transmit that temp through it's body. I plotted these numbers on a falling scale for this reason, rather than a falling one and keep the water moving on a slow stir to avoid hot and clod spots forming. While not a 'master calibration guide' it's close enough, but, I will have some more to check soon and I look forward to using your spread sheet for that.

#3 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

Phillrulz, thanks for taking the time to nut this out and put this together. I haven't tried it out just yet but to date, looks the best we have.

I'll uploaded in to FAQ a little later (if that's OK with you).

I see you found the table that I plotted in another thread ;- http://www.theminifo...p-sender-specs/

The numbers in that were from direct measurement, rather than calculation and it took me around 2 hours to plot those numbers. Yes, it does take a little time for the sender to react as the body of the unit has some mass that takes time to change and transmit that temp through it's body. I plotted these numbers on a falling scale for this reason, rather than a falling one and keep the water moving on a slow stir to avoid hot and clod spots forming. While not a 'master calibration guide' it's close enough, but, I will have some more to check soon and I look forward to using your spread sheet for that.

Only problem / thing I don’t like which i did was I only heated the probe tip , the nut body in my opinion is only the path to earth I think the temperature sending element is in the tip. I’ll try measure some of your temperatures if I get a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users