#1 Tallguysmallcar

Tallguysmallcar

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

Hey y'all, 

first of all just wanted to say thanks for this forum and all the helpful and entertaining posts.

I have had my 1973 850 for a few years now, and after trying and failing to find mechanics who are willing and capable to service, maintain and repair the car, and having spent quite a bit over the past few years, I decided to start working on the car myself this June - and it's been a lot of fun, despite all the swearing involved.

It all started with repairing the wiper motor... then I realised the brake lights weren't working. Those of you on hydraulic brake light switches will know how much fun it is to change that :-). Well, having done that, bled the brakes, adjusted the brakes (now better than ever before!). Laid some new carpet, new steering wheel... new Rocker cover. Stripped out all additional non original instruments (only water temp and oil pressure remain), which led to thorough inspection of all electrics. When I though all was done and good to go, the dynamo went. Had that rebuilt/serviced, and reinstalled. Regulator was next, also new...

Currently installing new cones, and most likely shocks and hi-los.

Will post some photos when the white shadow is back on the road!

In the meantime, looking forward to all the fun with fellow Mini Enthusiasts.

#2 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

Welcome aboard! The best place to be for Q&A sessions and some {clean, ahem} fun posts ?

#3 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

Good to hear you're learning how to repair things yourself.  Keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users