#31 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:46 PM

It'd be great to scan your design and have it produced by CAM in aluminium. Even lighter and capable of being anodised in a variety of colours.

#32 Benoit_Dupont

Benoit_Dupont

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

You have done a nice job with them, I hope they hold up well for you.

thank you ! that's what I'll figure out soon

#33 Benoit_Dupont

Benoit_Dupont

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:57 AM

A very nice job BD! Love the drilling and the chrome work, v nice indeed!

thank you! I try my best for this little car. 

#34 Benoit_Dupont

Benoit_Dupont

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:01 AM

It'd be great to scan your design and have it produced by CAM in aluminium. Even lighter and capable of being anodised in a variety of colours.

Actually you are right about that and this is something I' look forward to do. potentially modifying the shape of it a bit. I've a friend here in Lyon who does this sort of things. it's still a lot of work. I can do 2D CAD, but not 3D (yet)

the issue is that also it's just a door handle, it's still quite a technical art actually, especially on the back of it. I'll need to find a bit of funding for that, but that's in my list. :)

right now, I reproduce everything I can do (and I want) in 2D aluminium laser cut. 

#35 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

Actually you are right about that and this is something I' look forward to do. potentially modifying the shape of it a bit. I've a friend here in Lyon who does this sort of things. it's still a lot of work. I can do 2D CAD, but not 3D (yet)

the issue is that also it's just a door handle, it's still quite a technical art actually, especially on the back of it. I'll need to find a bit of funding for that, but that's in my list. :)

right now, I reproduce everything I can do (and I want) in 2D aluminium laser cut.

Could potentially also 3D print them for super light weight versions.

#36 Benoit_Dupont

Benoit_Dupont

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

Indeed. To be honest the weight is not really the reason to go for aluminium. It's a bit simpler to maintain than chrome.

But additive métal is also feasible.

#37 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

If you could make them in alloy at a competitive price, Benoit, I think you'd find a market for them.

#38 Benoit_Dupont

Benoit_Dupont

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

If you could make them in alloy at a competitive price, Benoit, I think you'd find a market for them.

Define "compétitive" :)
Seriously I'm gonna start with Chrome versions. It's not crasy expensive. But since I only work with highest quality and european suppliers, it won't be "cheap". :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users